Used 2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

I Love this Car!
By Nile

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Okay a lot of people harsh on this car because it had a clutch recall, but seriously people if you take your [non-permissible content removed] to the dealrship the replace it for free! For free people! Once you have that done the car is great! Mine gets in the 40's mpg. I drove a round trip from Salt Lake City to the grand canyon and got 43.5 mpg average. The bluetooth system rocks! Its so great taking calls hands free! The car is zippy and I have driven it through a blizzard in the middle of Wyoming. When I traded my subaru for this car I was a bit timid. In fact I named my focus subi in hopes that some of my old cars reliability would wear off on it. This is by far the best car I have owned. I have put 40,000 miles on it in one year and it has treated me so good through it all.

Stunning but NOT in a good way
By Model T

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

25,000 miles, Just picked up from dealership for the 4th time after transmission repair. It will go back for fifth time as soon as they can get a new clutch to install. Told by dealership it will take 4 to 8 weeks for part to come in as Ford has 30,000 on back order. I confirmed the backorder story with another local dealership and my coworker who is also waiting on a clutch. Tried to get Ford to buy back and the Dealership offered me $2900.00 less than Edmunds and NADA say is Fair Market Value. By my count the Dealership had sixteen 2013 and 2014's on their used car lot.......the whole ordeal is just stunning to me. I have read that Ford has no fix for the problem. They have the audacity to say this is not a safety problem yet the car stutters so bad when you try to accelerate it jerks you in your seat like a bumper car at a circus. I guess we will have to wait until people start dying ala the ignition switch issue another American car manufacturer ignored. Do not buy this car if you do you will regret it.

Don't lose your Focus!
By Michael Friedhoff

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car! 38,000 miles so far and no issues. Looks great! Handles great! MPG could be better (average 28 mpg), but I'm a little heavy on the accelerator...

trust me don't buy one. I'm a professional driver
By mark lacroix

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Let me first start off by saying I'm a professional truck driver for over 20 years I've owned my own trucks and I know how to get the most out of vehicles . This car has severe transmission problems. I naught a Ford focus 2013 to reduce fuel and to have a little fun in it. I put 122000 miles on it . Yes that wasn't a typo. 122,000 miles. Comuting to sanbernadino to hinckley daily 94 miles one way. First I experienced at around 80 thousand miles the computer module completely went out left me stranded in the middle of the dessert for hours. Towed it back. They fixed. 2nd time at 122 thousand going up the mountain towards big bear dam near killed me and 5 people behind me transmission said it was overheating and went to crawl mode and completely disengaged while cars behind me were spinning put to try to avoid me there was no turn out to get the car too. Finally got it back to dealer and same problem but this time that computer module actually prematurely wore out the clutch witch they wanted 1800 to fix the computer module was still under warranty but they would not fix clutch. I tied to trade it in they would only give me 2500 credit to the car. Yes you Hurd me write 2,500. they know that car is a pile [non-permissible content removed]!!! I had a 2003 ford ficus with 267,000 miles on it and it ran like a top same motor same clutch. Someone T boned it sadly. So I thought I would get same mileage out of new one. Another thing is suspension it wore out to quick and gave tires flat spots witch led to a bummpy ride. Please take it from me get rid of this car as fast as you can. There menu more problems with this car but I don't feel like writing a book about it.

My 2nd Ford Focus
By TNugent

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback is a terrific vehicle. We still have our 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback - 250,000+ miles and still a very reliable vehicle. Both are manual 5-speed transmission. The 2013 performs well in acceleration, road handling and on ice/snow. The only complaint i have about the 2013 SE hatchback is the quality of the "cargo cover". It's been falling apart (on the ends/connection) since a few weeks after I purchased the vehicle in August, 2013. I sent a note to Ford Motor Co; never received a response. It gets 28-35 mpg normally; the max mpg was about 50 mpg when driving a country highway for 30-40 miles at 50 mph. Overall, I like the head room/leg room for driver/front passenger, sunroof works well; I purchased the winter package. Overall satisfaction is 9.5 out of 10.0 (due to cargo cover being poorly designed/materials).