Used 2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

5 Speed Manual is a champ!!
By John Walton

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Hearing a lot of bad reviews about the automatic not being a good choice. Duh, it's a 4 cylinder! What were you expecting the automatic version to be like? When has a four cylinder with an automatic ever been a good, reliable, engaging choice? [non-permissible content removed]. I leased this car with 90 miles, it now has 21,000 trouble free miles on it and I'm seriously considering buying out when the lease is up. The My Touch sucks and has been the only glaring deficiency. When an aftermarket system is available best believe the annoying Ford voice is gone. Drove this 1,600 miles across the country with out a hiccup. It was a very comfortable ride too.

Favorite Features

5 speed Punchy base engine Decent materials/ workmanship Sharp car, will be relevant for a while

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of/ overhaul MyTouch. A 6th gear would be nice option. Body panels seem much more delicate than previous ford vehicles.

2013 Focus SE
By sts_pa

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2013 Focus SE hatch new 2 years ago and have experienced zero issues with it. Chassis is sublime and engine provides adequate power while returning >30 mpg and easily over 40 on the highway. Interior has too much hard plastic, but that's expected at this price. I love the cloth seats and the hatch holds tons of stuff. The powershift automatic has unpleasant characteristics at low speeds (chattering, lurching), but works great when pressed. Ford seems to deliver the best driving compact in the segment at this price IMHO. Hoping the reliability stays good going forward.

Favorite Features

Fun, tossable chasis with great steering and good ride. Decent performance and great MPG. Nicely laid out interior with comfortable cloth seats and plenty of space in the hatch. Low price for the whole package.

Suggested Improvements

Not crazy about the powershift DCT which will sometimes chatter and shift harshly at low speeds. Also seems to want to upshift too soon. Don't particularly like the backwards arrangement of the windshield wiper controls.

2013 Titanium Focus
By rringo

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

It's hard to believe that people who have written bad reviews have the same car as I do. Yes the tranny can be a little quirky sometimes but this may have a lot to do with the driver. I have owned a lot of vehicles, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota Nissan etc all of which I liked. I love this car and feel it is the most for the money I have ever owned. Runs great, drives great, looks great and is comfortable with great mileage. I've taken trips of 3000 miles. Sorry those other folks didn't get one like mine.

Piece of junk
By aaamadre

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2013 Titanium new, mainly to have a reliable car. Horrid transmission that jerks and hesitates. Not safe for merging. Also it randomly won't start. I'm trading it in this week.

Favorite Features

Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission and the starting issue.

Disappointed!!!!
By finnigan1

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible purchase. I previously owned a 2001 Ford Escape and experienced no issues, so I figured I would stick with a Ford vehicle. I have a long commute and decided the 2013 Ford Focus would be a practical choice. 3 months after purchasing it, the heater needed to be replaced. Ford also decided to replace the clutches in the transmission as well since it was very noisy when accelerating and shifting gears. Vehicle was returned to me and the transmission problems still existed. As of right now, it's sitting at the dealership waiting to have the power steering rack replaced...I've owned this car for 18 months, and have driven 54000km....brutal.