2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2013 Titanium Focus
By rringo on 01/20/15 16:08 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

It's hard to believe that people who have written bad reviews have the same car as I do. Yes the tranny can be a little quirky sometimes but this may have a lot to do with the driver. I have owned a lot of vehicles, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota Nissan etc all of which I liked. I love this car and feel it is the most for the money I have ever owned. Runs great, drives great, looks great and is comfortable with great mileage. I've taken trips of 3000 miles. Sorry those other folks didn't get one like mine.

Piece of junk
By aaamadre on 12/28/14 16:54 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2013 Titanium new, mainly to have a reliable car. Horrid transmission that jerks and hesitates. Not safe for merging. Also it randomly won't start. I'm trading it in this week.

Lemon
By lostgenerati on 10/25/14 08:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2013 Ford Focus 22500 miles. What a piece of .... Three motors.Unsolved Transmissions problems, Dead battery, 2 months in the service bay. 1:30 am tow was priceless. The great thing is the 2014 and 2015 are having the same problems..So if you buy one here is your new routine. 1 buy car,2 Be told there is nothing wrong with the transmission. When you need to get out and rock it to back up.surges while driving .. Its your imagination. 3 Drive to service bay and wait for days 4 break down, get towed, and end up selling for less than you brought it for.Or just buy a Toyota and save your self so much aggravation.

FORD Focus Electric Super Batteries
By eaa on 09/26/14 17:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Electric 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have had a FORD Focus Electric for 2 years now. In the Phoenix heat most batteries loss capacity from the extreme heat. The FFE seems to have beat that with their Tesla like liquid cooled battery pack. I have not lost even 1 % by checking with my SCAN GAUGE from Linear Logic in the OBD2 port .

What A Hassle
By husker1960 on 09/24/14 14:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus Titanium with all the options including navigation and the handling package which comes with 20,000 mile summer tires that are ridiculously expensive to replace. We had severe transmission noise from day one. The transmission was grinding really loud along with some clunking noises, people walking or riding a bicycle would stare at a brand new car wondering what was wrong with it. In 4000 miles the car was in the shop four times for transmission issues over a six month period. The local Ford dealer finally agreed to replace the transmission control computer, it took three weeks to get the part in from China, it didn't fix the problem.

Ford Focus NOT RECOMMENDED!
By franklo on 09/19/14 08:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I disposed of my 2013 Ford Focus on 9-15-14 at a loss. I experienced all of the transmission issues already mentioned including almost getting struck when entering an intersection and the transmission simply stopped giving forward movement. I was always told it is suppose to run like that. At a 35000 mile oil change I was told a seal between the transmission and engine had failed an oil had leaked from the engine. It was repaired and I was then told about a surprise extended warranty on the part and associated parts from Ford only Ford did not say anything until a week after the repair. All of the shuddering eventually started back up again and on 9-14-14 I noticed a burnt rubber smell from

haaaaaaaaaaaated it
By patchwyrk on 09/11/14 19:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove an automatic 02 focus hb for 10 years and LOVED it. I thought I was upgrading with the 2013. If you are used to a manual transmission this would probably be ok. It has the same shuddery jerky bumpy shift and backwards roll features that are on a standard transmission. I had it under 2 months and bought a different brand. It was that bad.

Great commuter
By lrc3395 on 09/04/14 10:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in June of 2013. I commute 70 miles each way and the gas for my SUV was killing me. I test drove the automatic and disliked the feel, then drove the 5 speed and liked it much better. I now have 55k miles on the car and it still runs as well as when I drove it off the lot. I have had no mechanical issues whatsoever in all those miles and have found the Focus to be a comfortable vehicle. A third of my commute is down a windy mountain road and the Focus handles it very well. It drives well in the rain and I had no complaints with its abilities in the snow last winter. Overall, an excellent vehicle.

Lemon, lemon, lemon
By sds5858 on 09/02/14 12:22 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this brand new 2013 focus one year ago three months after I had it I had to put new tires on it because they were almost bald, then it started to shutter like my transmission was going out(they have finally recalled that part) terrible terrible terrible in the snow and now the air conditioning is out.. Mechanically This car is a piece of crap! DO NOT BUY THIS CAR RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM IT!!!

Stay Away / Faulty Transmissions
By jack8384 on 08/26/14 00:49 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have the Focus SE sedan with the faulty automatic transmission. I bought it brand new and first noticed the transmission to start acting crazy around 4500 miles. I've read many similar complaints and see that Ford won't correct the problem. They issued a TSB on these trannies only to replace the clutch pack which doesn't help. They say it's the way it's designed to operate and theres no fix. WHAT ? Then why issue the TSB ? When I test drove the car it didn't do this. I would have stayed away then. Car lunges forward at stops, backs up by itself without giving it gas, the shift shuttering/slipping is the biggest problem.