WOWOWOW
By ritchie19047 on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
My new Titanium with the handeling package is an amazing value for money! The car is rock-solid in every driving situation, especially so on secondary roads with those choppy sections where heavy trucks tear up the surface on curves. My '10 Focus SES was very jumpy in those spots, and this car just glides through. It is "scary quiet" on the open road. The summer tires are the stickiest things I've ever driven; but I live in NE Pennsylvania, so I got a set of winter tires for the cold season (Mich Pilot Aspins), and they are just as amazing. The transmission is first rate (I don't understand all the negative chatter I've read). Pleanty of power; gutsy acceleration. Cont'd below...
Favorite Features
Value: Everything and more over my friend's Audi A4 - $10 grand less. OK...Audi's a little faster. Brakes: OMG Style: Hatch is the sexiest compact on the street. Fit and Finish: Leaps and bounds above anything else. Fun to drive: Like I said wowowow! Mileage: 400 mile trip = 40.2; my regular driving = 31.0 ('10 got 27 in regular driving). Gimicks and Toys: My Ford Touch is taking me a while...but going quicker and better than first stabs with my iPhone. Sync is the best! Full size spare: ! (who does this any more?) EcoMode: Very helpful - get 5 leaves in both categories and save a ton of money in gas.
Suggested Improvements
I think that with anything as dramatically new and different as the transmission, Ford should offer some kind of "expectations management". "This is new, this is different, and here is how it works...". I learned it by myself, and it works just fine, and gets better the more I drive it. There is nothing else worth mentioning.
By lvstyle
on 02/11/12 09:04 AM (PST)

Ford did a software upgrade for my tranny and it smoothed right out. Just keeps getting better.