Wow
By facelessdrone on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I have driven my Focus about 4000 miles now, and I've gotten to love it better than when new. This is a very solidly built car made out of high quality materials. It handles great and I enjoy flinging it around corners with abandon. My other car is a Porsche and around town the Focus is at least its equal in handling. I also use the Focus for my 50 mile r/t commute and on the last 3 tanks it has gotten 33, 35, and now 37 honest-to-goodness mpg. I have noticed that the mileage and smoothness of the transmission improved greatly over the last 1000 miles. The upgrade to MyFordTouch solved virtually all the issues with that, not that I had many to begin with.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy; solid construction; high quality materials; handling; fantastic stereo.
Suggested Improvements
I don't feel comfortable with the capless gas tank. You can't lock it and it comes open in the dryer at the car wash. No issues, though.
By unfocused1
on 05/02/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

I've had mine for a couple months now - if I knew about the rebate in March I'd have waited, LOL... Just about everything you've said is the truth. Handling, braking, overall construction... sometimes the stereo and SYNC voice have a slight static sound at higher pitches, but it's not a deal-breaker or anything. Agreed re: the capless gas tank, though I generally prefer to hand-wash and dry, so I can't vouch for the cover flipping over in a dryer. Mine started developing a tranny noise (between 1st and 2nd gear, less often between 2nd to 3rd) about 500 miles in. I'm at 1000 now. The tranny HAS improved since, as the DCT has learned my style more and more. It issue still happens, but not as frequently, I know what to anticipate, the system does act more like a manual than an automatic, and I've read other people experiencing sadness when the problem starts and people feeling relieved as it improves. (it's improved for most.) I do mostly city driving (little highway) and with winter blend gas get 27~31MPG. My previous car (2009 Focus) I got 24~27. Summer blend will allow higher MPG. And all this is city driving, which is FANTASTIC. A slight buzzing noise occurs on the right passenger side somewhere as well, but it's minor and any thing can happen at any time. All in all, I agree - the quality of materials IS fantastic and the pros outweigh the cons. Most cons sound like temporary issues as well, and Ford has kept up with DCT updates, which is a good sign that they care about their product. So I'm not really worried either way, and it's always fun to worry.