Wise Decision
By flashpic on
2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Focus Hatchback SE -5 Speed , w/sport, 201A, and winter packages on 1/3/12 and it has ~2k miles on it now. I love the car and it is an excellent value IMO! I've had zero problems or complaints with the car so far. I am getting just under 36 MPG with about 50% highway driving (w/snow tires) but I try to be light on the pedal & keep highway speeds below 65 . I am getting tons of complements on the car. The Focus is fun to drive, the manual trans shifts flawlessly, has a great driver’s seat (sport package) , all of the necessities & then some and has a high quality fit/finish/feel on all of the materials/parts. I do recommend separate winter tires for snow & ice driving.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, Driver's seat (sport package) & position, exterior and interior styling, interior material and finish, interior lighting, 5 speed transmission smoothness, heated seats (winter package), gas mileage, reasonable price.
Suggested Improvements
More storage compartments in the front , MP3 or USB jack in the center console (201A package), lighted visor mirror, rear seat leg room ( not much you can do about that unfortunately), cup holder location/design, more space between gas pedal and brake, (201A package) better speaker- voices sounds muffled IMO, 6 speed transmission for highway driving.
By ritchie19047
on 03/22/12 14:27 PM (PDT)

Echo both of you! I have the Titanium with handling package, which comes with summer tires. Spent a grand on performance winter tires which, of course, explains this year's snow- and ice-less winter. Once fine-tuned, this will be a world-class contender for best of everything: value (mileage, probably re-sale and safety), performance, and most of all panache. I actually get stared at. ps: just for kcks, check the front profile against the current $200,000+ Ferrari and Aston Martin.

By cherryfan
on 03/16/12 21:04 PM (PDT)

Flash, you nailed it! I second your suggested improvements. I love my SE with the manual tranny, and envy your extras (I have most of them on my new Subaru Impreza, but could only afford to pimp out one car). The Focus has made my wife believe in U.S.-made cars after a lifetime of Triumphs and Subarus.