way to go Ford
By aenigmatic on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I have recently purchased my first domestic auto (other than my mom's buick I had in HS) in this new Focus and I am really impressed. There are so many features it is easier to ask what it doesn't have than what it does have. More importantly, these features work well, all the way down to the rain-sensing wipers (!). The steering is responsive, the engine sounds great, and the fuel efficiency is best of breed. I have owned VW, Honda, Acura, Toyota, Nissan, Saab, BMW and Buick. I can truthfully say that this is the nicest car I have ever had, and no one will ever accuse me of being a snob for driving it.
Favorite Features
Thoughtful things like: auto lane change blinkers, power retention in accessories until door opened, one-touch down on all four windows, automatic headlights that enable themselves if the wipers are active no gas cap to worry about clicking enough times responsive 6-speed transmission (auto) very-well lit dashboard, in daylight and darkness great sound quality from factory (sony) stereo dual 12v power jacks in the cabin 4 wheel disc brakes (improvement from pvs year) quiet ride with forgiving suspension even on nasty highways.
Suggested Improvements
the center console is a little intrusive on both the driver and passenger side legroom width-wise (your leg will be touching it almost all the time unless you are of a fairly small build) Ford MyTouch needs a lot more loving care and some actual downloadable content. Sync services are sad at best and should be removed in favor of standard navigation on all MyTouch models.