Was Never A Focus Fan...Til Now :)
By jihavoh on
2012 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I was looking for a high mpg car to replace my Sonata because I drive so many miles annually, it makes a significant difference. I went to a Ford dealership to test drive a Fiesta which was underpowered and too cramped. The salesman suggested the Focus and I was sold in seconds. It was still a little more cramped than the Sonata (obviously), but it made up for it in in every other aspect.
Favorite Features
Unbelievably fun to drive: tight shifting, tight steering, excellent suspension; you really have to fly into a sharp corner for the Focus to even think about losing its composure. Seats are nice and supportive, but I do hate the head restraint pressing up against my head (annoying). Radio seems a bit week too and the controls are not intuitive.
Suggested Improvements
Ford needs to add a sixth gear. Out where I live the speed limit is typically 70 miles an hour and I'm ready to shift out of fifth at 50 or 55mph. Since there is no sixth I am cruising 70 mph at 3000 rpm (sweet spot for shifting). Improve the stereo system and adjust the head restraint. I'm sure I'll think of more after I've had the car longer (2 days thus far), but so far I love it and have gotten 41 mpg average. I have tried to conserve gas, but have also done 75-80 on the highway and raced around on some country roads; how can you not with this car?!? :D