2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: update on the car

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

update on the car
By lifeisahighway on

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I currently have almost 3k on the car. Now that I have spent more time driving it, I think that using the S mode makes the car accelerate better from a stop. I don't know if that is true, but it's just something that I have noticed. I know that in S mode that it holds the gears longer, so maybe that's why. The shifts also feel smoother in S. I don't use the select shift that much, because the location of the buttons on the shifter are awkwardly placed. I mostly drive in the city, and I have been getting an average of 29 mpg. What I love most about the car is how it handles. It just feels so solid and connected to the road!

As stated in the review, the car just feels glued to the road. Having the 17 in. wheels was the best upgrade decision I made, along with the added sport pkg. I'm just so proud to own a Ford! Other manufacturers may build cars here, and that's good. However, the profits still go BACK to the other countries. Profits stay HERE when u buy a domestic vehicle. More people need to take a look at Ford, and even Chevy, because they are really making great strides in quality! I applaud Hyundai for their efforts, I tested the Elantra, and the Cruze. They are both great cars. They can't match the fun to drive factor of the Focus. Besides the Mazda 3, this is the sportiest car in the segment.

More torque lowers RPMs, but that's about it! Amazing car!! This car is more smiles per mile than the price would suggest!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By h8uall
on 12/29/11 07:49 AM (PST)

Are you reviewing the manual or automatic? 5M is manual