So far so good
By weilo on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
So far I am really enjoying the 2012 Focus SE I got with the 6 speed automatic transmission. I did a good bit of looking around and finally settled on this car. I hear some of the other comments and agree that the transmission thing takes a bit of getting use to. They told me to bring it in at 3000 miles to get the first oil change done on them. I have not had any problems. I make an 85 mile round trip every day to work plus some running around town dropping kids off and such. I am getting between 34-36 miles per gallon. I took a 212 mile trip and got 41.6 per gallon.
Favorite Features
The car looks great. Ford did a nice job on styling. I have had seveal folks come up and tell me they really like the looks of the car. I am 5'10 265lb and I am comfortable. The little 2.0 L does have power. I stomped down on it the other day to get around another car that was going 50 in a 70 zone and I was running 85 in no time. The response was very good. The car does ride well and is fairly quiet. No problem hearing the stereo. Overall I am pleased
Suggested Improvements
Educate people a bit more on the transmission performance. It is different. The car seems like it wants to get on the road and go. I am going to ask some questions when I take mine in next week. I just found out that I can't get my cooler in the trunk. I do some camping and that was not a happy thing for me. I will have to go to plan B.
By unfocused1
on 02/29/12 16:22 PM (PST)

Awesome review, thanks! How has your Focus held up since your original time of posting? (And from what I know, from the car reviews I'd read, the dual-clutch transmission and direct injection lead to the faster "oomph" during such acceleration... )