So many bad reviews, someone should stick up for Focus
By cajunman90 on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
Let me start off by saying I love my Focus! I have 55,000 miles on mine, with 80 mile a day commutes in Houston traffic, which is pretty bad, and I have not had trouble with my Focus. The transmission is an Auto-Manual, it is supposed to feel how it does, one cannot drive it like a traditional automatic transmission and expect it to perform the same. It simply is not the same thing. Considering my Focus is self shifting a manual transmission, it does pretty dang well. Plus I have had no problems with it either. Stop and go traffic is not bad at all. As for those with size problems, you purchased a compact car. Compact meaning Small! This is a wonderful car that I will gladly buy again.
Favorite Features
Titanium Handling package is great, 2 turn lock to lock and tight suspension makes for a great fun car that also commutes well. The sync gets hated on but updates have significantly improved it and it works great. The car looks great and I find it also has great visibility, much better than my wife's 3 series BMW. The interior is designed wonderfully, with just enough edge but also classy and symmetrical. Does not seem plasticy and cheap. I love the gas mileage it gets even with the full size spare in the back. Only maintenance has been new tires and soon will need new brakes, other than that, normal oil changes is all I've brought it in for.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like a little more horsepower for the Focus. It has great pick up but a little more would be nice. Obviously sync can be improved but Ford has been working on it continuously along the way. Software can be updated people! Cooled seats could be an extra amenity, but with so many options to choose from, including self parking system, its hard to complain about a lack of options, when there are plenty.
By sobhall
on 08/15/14 23:18 PM (PDT)

Consider yourself blessed. I have had my radio antenna replaced, a new steering column put it, have gone to the dealership service department 4-5 times regarding transmission issues. I had the transmission replaced when it was shuttering badly. It's doing it again and is back in the shop. I may need another transmission. I really wanted to love this car, and it drives fine when the transmission issues don't come around; but this dual clutch transmission is a dog. Ford needs to scrap it. Too many people are having similar problems like I'm having. Just my two cents. I'm glad you enjoy your car. I was my experience was the same. Take care.

By sobhall
on 08/15/14 23:21 PM (PDT)

*wish (not "was")...my experience was the same.

By nemesisprime
on 09/04/14 12:19 PM (PDT)

My car has been relatively trouble free and it's a 2011 build. I will not discount other peoples hellish stories just because my car works fine. Ford really messed up and now im constantly keeping it in the back of my mind everytime my car starts to shudder when i get to idle/let off the brake/from a start/0-15km/h.. it's a coin toss. 50% of the time it's smooth and quiet.. 50% of the time shake rattle and roll (backwards). This is not simply an expectation that it handle like a normal automatic. This is inconsistent, hard to replicate, not normal behavior for a vehicle. And i consider myself one of the lucky ones because i do love my car!