2012 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Really safe and good but

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual)

Really safe and good but needs a few improvements.
By beeryan78 on

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Focus back in May of 2011. Recently in Nov of 2011, the vehicle was t-boned at an angle by a Toyota Highlander. To my surprise, the Focus performed great! Only a little airbag burn on my arm and that is it. Very impressed. Unfortunately the dealer had the vehicle for 70 days and there were just too many post repair issues, so I traded it in. Now let me not let you think its perfect, because it had some issues. My dashboard was replaced due to a crack(early model issue), the vehicle developed some rattles(none of my Fords 97-04 rattled), the tranny had shifts issues, MyFordTouch had its issues and the engine flipped out once and revved high(fluke?). Enjoyed the car, miss it.

Favorite Features

Color(Candy Blue), hatchback styling(minus the awkward front end), MyFordTouch(when it worked), interior styling, high quality materials used inside(minus the cheap-o sunglasses holder that rattled when I used the bass on my sony system), sony sound system, ride and handling, fantastic gas mileage(got up to 44.3 on the highway once!), Sync, value, and safety for sure!

Suggested Improvements

Front styling needs work, ditch at least half the black plastic its hard to clean and the car looks odd coming at you. And for the love of God, please paint all the unpainted plastic at the bottom of the car. It looks so cheap and cheesy. Back seat needs more room. This is why Ford had seperate vehicles in America and Europe. The back seat is almost as useless as a Mustang's. The Elantra has you beat there Ford. Make sure your transmissions and MYFordTouch programs work properly before releasing a new vehicle. And lastly, the rattles. Ive had Fords the majority of my life, and my 10 F150, Focus, and new Taurus I just bought all rattle. Ridiculous! About to go to Dodge if this keeps up!