Re-flash
By capte on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
Your Ford dealers can "re-flash" or update your computer program that controls shift points, pressure settings, etc. to correct the issues you might be having. I dropped mine off at the dealer this morning so I will let you know how it works after I drive it a few days with the updated tranny program.
Favorite Features
Great handling, great looks and great gas mileage in a reasonably priced car.
Suggested Improvements
There could be more storage compartments on the dash and console. See Hyundai Elantra GT for a nicley designed interior.
By capte
on 09/21/12 13:27 PM (PDT)

After getting the newest transmission program update, our transmission still "shuddered" on takeoffs, and occaisionally "clunked" on downshifts. Luckily, the dealer that we bought the used Focus had a 5 day return policy so we took it back. We weren't willing to gamble on Ford coming up with a good solution. Resale might be awful on these early 2012 Focus with auto trannies. I should have heeded the advice of the Edmunds test drivers that said get the manual tranny on the 2012 Focus to avoid the quirks of the dual clutch automatic. I did drive a new Focus with manual tranny and it was silky smooth. Just couldn't find the right combination of color, trim package, price... We ended up getting a 2013 Hyudai Elantra GT with 6 speed manual tranny. Super fun to drive, more comfortable interior and ride, although not quite as sporty. So far, very happy with the GT.