Overall, I love this car!
By coffeegeek on
2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased the 2012 4-Dr Sdn SE with Equip group 203A including cruise control, MyFord Sync and Sirius 6 Spkr Radio, and Optional Equipment of SE Sport pkg with Alloy Wheels, Select Shift 6 Speed Auto Transmission, Disc Brakes Front and Rear and Rear Spoiler. I am averaging 35 miles per gallon so far. This car easily keeps up with flow of traffic. On the Interstate it accelerates easily and cruises comfortably. The built in blind spot mirrors make it easy to double check for lane changes and entering on ramps. The steering is very responsive to maneuvers for unexpected circumstances. The trunk has ample room for shopping, or traveling. The fog lights are great in fog or rain conditions.
Favorite Features
The layout and appearance of the interior is very stylish, placement of controls is intuitive. There is plenty of room in the cabin. I am 6 foot 4 inches tall and am very comfortable in this car. It is very handy having control of the Radio, Sync, and Info Screens right on the steering wheel. The Sync system works great with my HTC Android phone, and the voice recognition for contacts is better than Google Voice on the phone itself. Spelling of Names does not trip this system up like with some programs. People have told me that they were not aware I was using the Car's Hands Free system until I told them so. I don't get blinded driving at night by Pickups and SUVs.
Suggested Improvements
The reported roll back when stopping on steep inclines does occur sometimes at stops, but not always. Have not figured out yet what I am doing when it does not occur. My only other complaint is that steering wheel could telescope out further. Tall people have to Stretch their arms to almost fully extended with the seat back for their height. Saying this is a 5 passenger vehicle is somewhat of a stretch. The back seat does not have a whole lot room. Visibility is good in this car, though backing up is difficult due to headrests and view looking out rear windshield. You are fine for pulling out of parking spaces but backing down a long driveway like mine is difficult.