2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Not everything is roses with t

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

Not everything is roses with this new model.
By bwj3278 on

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

It was about 3 weeks ago I decided to trade in my gas guzzling F150 for a new Focus. With two jobs and one of them being real estate, I really needed something fuel efficient. Lets start with what I do like...most of the styling...the only part I don't like is the unpainted rocker panel plastic...it looks cheap. The car rides and drives well and the Candy Blue paint is awesome and gets lots of compliments. However, it is not all well... I am currently waiting for a new dash, because mine split. My driver side air vent plastic is chipped, a door is misalligned, and a rattle has already developed. This is my 12th Ford, and my last until Ford can get it together.

Favorite Features

Sync, My Ford Touch, Candy Blue paint

Suggested Improvements

Please quit creating cars with unpainted plastic everywhere. It looks like trash. Also, better quality checks at the factory...my last Ford had a paint issue among tons of other issues...and now I am back to the same mess with this new Focus...4 issues in 3 weeks is not quality.
By speed3driver
on 06/17/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

I don't understand your review. You give the car 4.5 stars, including 4 out of 5 stars for build quality, then in your text you basically say it is a lemon.