New, at 500 miles I found the front seat very uncomfortable
By wheelman01940 on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
TAKE CARE ... the driver seat can cause leg pain if you are somewhere around a 32 to 36 inch leg . I am 6 ft, 180 lbs, 34 inch inseam (leg) and the drivers seat has a pressure point on the outer upper thigh. I have never experienced anything like this (noticable pain in the left leg) in the Mazda or Toyota's I owned nor did I experience it on any test drive ... if you are interested in the Ford, take it for a 20 minute test drive !!
Favorite Features
Although visibility can be a challenge at times and the head rests on the rear seats keep it from folding down, it's a nice size and is manuverable .
Suggested Improvements
FIX the front driver seat. On the SE, provide a split fold down rear seat Provide a key lock for the rear trunk and an interior cable release Where's teh ash tray .. which I always used for coins / toll money??? provide greater interior room ... it's unnecessarily tight .. this is not a matter of physical exterior dimensions
By challenger5
on 10/01/12 16:31 PM (PDT)

Honestly, you seem to be very picky. I am of the same stature as you and have found my Focus to be very comfortable. A lot of your gripes could have easily been dealt with by noticing them at the time of test drive and not buying the car if you hate it so much! Go buy the outdated Corolla or or cheaply made Mazda if it suits your fancy so well!

By maniac4
on 05/15/13 16:16 PM (PDT)

Sorry wheel it WAS free country till you know what!

By wheelman01940
on 10/26/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

Sorry you feel I am overly picky. For someone who is buying a new car, these are the items I have found and would share with anyone who asked. Overall, I feel it's a good car for the money. The little items are things I have noticed. They are solely my opinion and those who test drive the car can decide for themselves .. you know, free country, right??? Or, maybe you live somewhere where government curtails your freedons .. oh, say China or California. During my test drives, I did not notice a problem with the seat. The seat issue may simply be associated with the S and SE trim levels or, could be an issue with the production run of the seat frame down there in Mexico. My single point is, to all who are interested in the car, do take a loooong test drive and make sure the seat is comfortable for you. Otherwise it?s a fine car. I liked the Mazda 3 skyactive but, it was a louder car than the Focus and was more expense .. again, the Focus is a good car for the money. Signed an America who values their rights, liberty and opportunity to pursue happiness.