No more Hondas
By no_more_hondas on
2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This 40-year Honda owner had to rent a car and got an '12 Focus 4-dr. Wow! I went to the dealer and saw a h'back. I drove it with the man/auto 6-spd and was sold. Ordered mine (SE with Sport pkg. and 203A) and have 7K on it in 3 months. NEVER before have I felt like a car was custom built for me. Seat is like a glove, it's fast with smooth acceleration (the initial minor tranny stumble goes away by 1K) and solid as a rock (sorry Chevy). 31 mpg city and 41 hwy for an average since new of 35.4 mpg! It'll blow the doors off most V-6's and the Sync system, while confusing, offers great sound quality. My wife is ditching her '12 Civic for a red '13 H'back to 'one-up' my black '12.
Favorite Features
Comfort, handling with Sport pkg., build quality, mpg and acceleration, styling (sexy for old coots to be driving a black h'back that turns young gals heads), hatchback capacity, visibility.
Suggested Improvements
Make the Sync system simple enough to be used by those of us without 4 years of computer science classes under our belts. A radio doesn't need 3 ways to change the station, volume, etc. Could use heavier tint in the windows due to the large glass area and put the Sync microphone out of the range of the a/c vents so it picks up voice commands under all fan settings. (Ford, does the term 'focus group' ring a bell?)