Luxury/Performance in a Small Package
By cpogordon on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
Finally a small car with excellent gas mileage that has both style and a quality interior. The 6-speed automatic manual transmission has been smooth and flawless and I especially like the Sport mode. The My Ford Touch (MFT) has also performed without error for me. The soft touch material, upscale materials in the Titanium, excellent supportive leather seating, along with driving performance have made the Ford Focus Titanium an successful alternative to pricier semi-luxury vehicles along with improved gas mileage. The hatch, while 7 inches shorter than the Sedan, provides the same interior room and much more versatility when it comes to storage space. I found everything I wanted option wise without having to give up gas mileage to get it and at a substantially lower price. I was initially worried that this car wouldnít have enough power, but Iíve found the performance of the 160 horsepower engine to me more than adequate when it comes to power. Iím very pleased with my purchase.
Favorite Features
Overall quality interior, Leather seats, MFT, 10 speaker Sony system, and gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Hatch door doesn't close easily. You have to give it a shove to latch properly. Needs at least one more small storage area in the front of the vehicle.
By tom5557
on 08/08/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

I took a long test drive in the SEL hatchback and could not agree more with your comments. My son owns a well equipped 2007 Focus and except for the name, this is clearly not even close to the same car. I didn't find an issue with either of the two major gripes that have come up in other reviews: transmission shifting and rear seat room. The car I drove shifted smoothly and I actually had more head room than the Fusion - and adequate leg room - have you had any issues with either of these? Your review suggests that the transmission worked well for you. Thanks