2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Loving it so far

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual)

Loving it so far
By timothyp7 on

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Loaded SE Manual, and am coming from a Nissan Pathfinder, so am having a little bit of culture shock. Lets go through a few Negatives first: 1) It would have been great if the back seats folded flat, it would have made for a larger cargo area. 2) The drivers area is designed for someone with longer legs than mine. I have a 29' inseam and feel like I am a little to far forward to be able to use the arm rest on either side, and shifting is a little to far forward with my short legs... I will grow use to that after awhile. 3) The rear wings do take up a lot of the rear window, so creates a big blind spot. I use to be a truck driver I will also get use to that pretty quick.

I travel alot, so coming from a Nissan Pathfinder to the Focus and getting 40mpg is my favorite think right now. It is a sexy car and fun to drive. Because I have short legs that increases the leg room for the back seat alot. I am also loving the bluetooth connected to my phone. I make a lot of phone calls and talking to my car is cool. The engine is sufficient. Driving through the Rocky Mountains I found it a little weak, then I again I am coming from a bigger SUV, and love the gas mileage of the smaller engine.

Hope this helps and stay tuned. My son and I are going on a 3,000 mile road trip around Christmas and will give a better review then.
By triton46
on 10/16/11 11:19 AM (PDT)

The rear seat will fold flat. You have to fold the seat (not the back rest) against the front seat and then fold the back seat rest down.