long term test review
By imperial_tie on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
From day one (1JAN2012) this car has been an issue. I have spent more time having the transmission checked than I should. Mine is a Lemon. I've had issues from random loss of power to not starting. There is nothing like being stranded in a parking garage after black Friday shopping. I just bought new tires and am not happy. This may look like a fun hatchback but believe me its a MoneyPit. This is the last time I buy ford. 43,000 miles, all maintenance current, problem "unable to be duplicated", 10 times it has failed to start. Ford should really google this problem before stating "it has never been reported issue"
Favorite Features
RIMS AND FOG LIGHTS
Suggested Improvements
reliability and suspension
By jenn74really
on 03/13/14 08:55 AM (PDT)

I'm in the exact same boat as you are. I purchased my vehicle in 11-2011. The Ford Focus is a 2012. Currently, I have the vehicle at the Ford Dealer. They are telling me that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. Sluggish, stalling, gears not working properly. From day 1, I knew the vehicle was not sound. I'm under warranty and I will be going more aggressively in resolving this issue....either through warranty "repair" or lemon law for full reimbursement.