Great car with some tech issues
By hipoldlady on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I have owned my Focus HB Titanium for 10 months now, and have for the most part enjoyed it. The controls are difficult to read in direct sunlight, and there are LOTS of reflections from the shiny interior trimwork, but the most frustrating thing is that the Sync system does not seem to understand a word I say. Asking for directions is a big reason I wanted Sync, but I wish I had never gotten it. In the beginning, the car was slow to move from 1st to second, and nearly stalled several times in the middle of busy intersections! After an update, though, this problem seems to be corrected. The handling is great!
Favorite Features
This car is fun to drive, especially in sport mode. It's sassy and has enough pickup that I don't worry about getting run over on high speed roadways. The blue candy paint job is also worth the extra price, as it is gorgeous in dim light and sparkling in the sunshine. Trunk room is really good, given the vehicle class, and moonroof is a plus! I also LOVE the ambient lighting control that allows you to choose the color of the interior lights. Suggested improvement: the emergency brake looks and feels cheap, although it does a good job. For the money I paid for this car, nothing about it should look or feel cheap.
Suggested Improvements
I'd like to have heated side mirrors with my rear defroster, and I'd like the reflections from the interior trim to be addressed. Mostly, though, I'd like Sync fixed so that it can hear words that begin with H in particular, and can be more user friendly in general. I also prefer mapquest directions to those of google (much as I hate to admit that, since I am an avid google fan), but this is not an option. Finally, the front seat also has to be moved back to climb into the drivers seat, even for short people like me, and even then the driver's knees hit the light controls and cause the lights to come on. I'd like to see the headlight controls moved somewhere else to fix this problem.