Great car! No Transmission issues at all
By happybuyers on
2012 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Not sure what the fuss is all about, my transmission is fine? Just got mine as a Certified Pre-Owned at a great price. (only 33,000) on it. I love the handling! this car hugs the turns. im getting 33 MPG in mostly city traffic. I do feel a little shutter on start up but now I know its just the dual clutch and nothing to worry about im fine with it. I love the smooth shifting and the fast acceleration. I have alot of fun driving this car, im asking my wife when we can next make the 7 hour trip to see my in-law because im looking forward to the trip lol.
Favorite Features
The engine and the suspension. didn't get the tricked out version. I enjoy the radio and the different controls and the MPG.
Suggested Improvements
back seats could use a little more room. Would have preferred the hatchback model. Also would like it to be another 4 inches off of the ground.
By maniac4
on 05/15/13 07:55 AM (PDT)

Bad focus is telling the truth. get rid of it before its too late. I have and lost a ton of hard working blue collar dollars

By badfocus
on 01/14/13 13:42 PM (PST)

PLEASE DONT LET THE DEALSHIP FOOL YOU!!!!! THE "SHUTTERING" IS ****NOT**** THE WAY THE TRANSMISSION IS TO SHIFT OUT!!! I KNOW BECAUSE MY CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 4 TIMES WITH IN 1K MILES AND EACH TIME IT WAS THE "CLUTCHES" THAT WERE REPLACED!!!! I STARTED HAVING ISSUES WITH THE TRANS AT 5600 MILES, I WAS TOLD THE SAME THING THAT THIS IS HOW IT IS TO SHIFT. (WRONG) I HAD TO GET TOUGH WITH THE DEALSHIP AND WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY FOUND????? MY CAR HAD (BAD) CLUTCHES. HAVE YOUR CAR CHECKED OUT BEFORE YOU WARRANTY RUNS OUT!!!!!! OR YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH BIGGER PROBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD(if you make it down the road in the car)