Fun drive at a fair price
By joejh on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I love its look, handling, and lux interior. The My Ford Touch, when it works, is very good. The upcoming software update should make it great. I will admit that it lacks horsepower. I'm still getting used to losing 90hp from my previous car, but the Focus accelerates okay - just not heart pounding. It makes up for it by having great handling. This car came loaded with oodles of options and features and still came in at the low 20's. Could easily spend several thousands more.
Favorite Features
MFT - when it works, that is. Takes corners with confidence; still haven't come close to its handling limits. And I actually like the dual clutch transmission; just need to understand that it's an automated manual transmission.
Suggested Improvements
I can't believe that there aren't paddle shifters on the steering wheel! Having to reach down to the gear shifter to toggle the gears up/down using the sport mode is a major mess up. Another steering wheel error - the cruise control and the stereo control button clusters are in the wrong places. Having my right hand on the gear shifter (since there aren't paddle shifters) leaves my left hand on the steering wheel. And what's on the left side of the steering wheel? The cruise control?! No, no, no - it HAS to be the stereo buttons! Need to crank up the volume as I hit the high RPMs. Did anyone at Ford take this out of the lab and onto the road?