Ford's best Focus EVER!
By cedartree84 on
2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This car is beyond awesome! I previously had a 2010 Focus and this beats it in several major ways. The first is I am getting about 3-4 better MPG in this car than I did in the 2010. This is amazing considering I get about 20 more HP than the outgoing model. Next the interior quality is spectacular for a car in this class. I feel like there is a ton of room and the controls are very driver-centric. Speaking of driving, it is a dream to drive. It handles really well and taking it on a windy country road is a lot of fun. There a few minor things that Ford needs to address (which I will detail below) but all-in-all I would call this a home run.
Favorite Features
Without a doubt, my favorite feature is the SYNC and telematics system. I love the dual full color displays that this vehicle is equipped with. I also love the SelectShift automated manual. It is amazing that my car will downshift for me when I am using cruise control. In regards to cruise, it is a nice touch that the system displays my current set speed. I chose to purchase a Focus with a sunroof (first car to have that) and I love it. It makes driving even more enjoyable.
Suggested Improvements
I think the number one improvement that could be made is better use of the color display in the center stack. It appears to be roughly the same size as my iPhone and there is no reason why I couldn't see a nicer interface (such as album art from the iPhone when listening to music). Also why does the Fiesta (with a monochrome screen) have AppLink but I don't. That needs to be addressed immediately! On the exterior, the parking lights on the front are not symmetrical. That looks kind of weird when I unlock the car at night. I called Ford and they have heard the same thing from other customers but there is no fix yet.
By h8uall
on 07/27/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

not 5 speed manual