FINALLY Euro Focus is here!
By lifeisahighway on
2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I just took delivery of my 2012 Ford Focus SE Hatch on Sept. 17th. So far, the car has been reliable, but time will tell. I have read many reviews complaining about the dual clutch auto, and I haven't experienced anything negative with it. I do notice that the transmission is reluctant to accelerate from a stop, but I think that's because the engine needs to rev higher. That is when the car opens up more. My previous car was a 2000 Toyota corolla, so ANYTHING is an upgrade from that! Most features that people take for granted, I LOVE having now. The very first day, I did notice some rough shifts, but I think that was just the car breaking in. The car has been smooth shifting since then.
Favorite Features
I love having just the simple features of remote keyless entry, and automatic headlights. Another small feature I love is the height adjustable driver seat. I'm short, so that's a big plus. I didn't have any of that before. The sync system is awesome! Calls are very clear. The key to having the sync understand your commands is to speak in a normal voice, and not exaggerate your voice to sound clearer. Once I did that, the system understood all my prompts. I love being able to hook my ipod up and just tell the car to play something. The styling is beautiful! I opted for the Blue Candy, with the sport pkg. and added the 17" black painted alloys...love it!
Suggested Improvements
Having more torque at a lower RPM range to make the engine feel stronger from a stop.
By h8uall
on 11/16/11 18:14 PM (PST)

Reviewing a manual, but bought an automatic?

By lifeisahighway
on 11/20/11 07:30 AM (PST)

When making a selection on the trim level, it won't allow you to select the automated manual. That's why I had to select the manual transmission.

By h8uall
on 12/29/11 07:57 AM (PST)

Thanks for clarifying. I told Edmunds their interface needs some work. Makes it hard to find specific reviews when users can't get their reviews into the proper category. They're response was that it works just fine. I think I hurt their feelings :)