Economy with Style
By rockdog77 on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
We took delivery of our 2012 Ford Focus Titanium 5dr Hatchback in Blaze Yellow in Jan 2012. It now has over 18,000 trouble free miles on it and is our main family car. We have had it in for 2 updates, and I have processed 2 sync updates at home which were lengthy but fairly easy. The daily commute is over 40 miles and we have averaged 32-33 mpg since new. On long highway trips we can usually get 41 mpg. Overall we love the car and feel we made the right decision.
Favorite Features
I like the interior as a driver, but as a passenger, my left knee rubs on the hard plastic of the center console but it doesn't affect my wife. The kiddos in back have no complaints. The seats are comfortable and the leather seems to be holding up well. I also like the performance for it's class. It doesn't like jack rabbit starts, but I've learned to slowly roll into the throttle if I'm feeling sporty.
Suggested Improvements
We opted for the performance package which included 18" wheels and lower profile summer tires (Michelin Pilot Sport3). I intend to replace them with a quieter tire and maybe even look into going to 17" wheels for more forgiveness in the tire sidewall. The road noise above 50 mph can be excessive on certain types of pavements, (might be solvable with different tires) but with these tires it handles great. The shifter buttons on the shift handle are all but pointless.