Early Report - 500 miles -So Far So Good
By novavroom on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I was looking for a safe, fun and economical replacement for our BMW 328i. Bought an SEL Hatchback with leather, rain sensor, back-up warning, 17"wheels, cold weather package,automatic, Sterling Grey Metallic. The test drive impressed my wife and me - I am 6'3" tall and find the front power seat very comfortable. The car seems to be built to high quality standards. Paint and overall fit and finish are top notch. The car performs quite well - it is quiet, well balanced and just seems to be well built. The BMW is a great car but I do not feel I have given up much with this Focus. It may be a compact but it is a very nice car! If you find one you like - buy it - seems like a hot seller!
Favorite Features
Power heated leather seat, comfort, style, rain sensor wipers, automatic headlights, automatic temperature control, alloy wheels, paint looks great, handling, quiet ride, pretty decent performance, auto dimming rear view mirror, hatchback versatility.
Suggested Improvements
The owner's manual states that if headlamps are in automatic position, they will turn on when wipers are on. Great idea. However, that only works in wiper position low or high. This feature does not work when the wipers are in rain-sensor/intermittent mode which is what I use 99% of the time. Close but no cigar. Another thing, when the headlights turn on in automatic setting, a neat interior graphic shows that the headlights and tailights are on. However, I have noticed that if the lights turn themselve off, the graphic still indicates they are on.