Do want to be a beta tester?
By tmod700 on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I purchased this car about 3 weeks ago and after a few days the transmission would shudder when leaving from a stop, I took it back to the dealer and they confirmed what I was feeling was indeed a shudder. The dealer called Ford and Ford stated it was normal. How many potential purchasers would want a vehicle that shudders on takeoff? Anyway so I got a call from Ford Customer Service today if you want to call it that and the only reply I would get from the agent was it was normal. I was told it was a isolated incident that affected some vehicle's. Ok so it is a isolated incident only affecting some vehicles how can it be classified as normal?
Favorite Features
Styling and Features are great. Legroom is great withe front or back.
Suggested Improvements
FIX the transmission FORD!!!!!!! Quit lying to the Customer FORD!!!!!
By richrocks
on 09/23/11 08:05 AM (PDT)

psheldon - Did not insult in any way and not my intention. I also did not say that jerks and bumps were normal. All I said is that is a dual clutch will behave like a manual in some ways. Thats it. I read your review and it is obivous that your transmission is not acting normal, and something was wrong. I just hear all the time about how the transmission is crap when in reality most people don't even know that a dual clutch acts a little different compared to a traditional automatic.

By psheldon
on 09/15/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

First comment. Since when have jerks and jumps been normal for dual clutch transmission? Don't insult us. I took it back to dealer and heard this same story, plus some made-up stories about the battery (heard that one before re Fusion). My car finally revved over 4000 when shifting and sounded awful (at three months). With the usual "it's normal for a new model" they installed the appropriate Ford computer program so that now it shifts perfectly like any safe car AND gets better mileage than before. Automated dual clutch is a good design -- the programming has bad bugs.

By richrocks
on 09/14/11 21:27 PM (PDT)

You do realize that the vehicle has a dual clutch transmission right? Meaning that it will behave a lot like a manual in some ways.

By brianalex
on 12/07/11 07:32 AM (PST)

Thanks Tmod700. I've read all of the reviews up to here and made my decision to not buy this car this year. I've heard if often stated that it is best not to buy a new design on it's 1st year. I will wait until the 2013 model and start the process anew.