2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Disappointing

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual)

By larry209 on

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From the beginning I notice a transmission flaw but had to wait for the recall to have it repaired free of cost. The painting is falling apart each day, no one will do or say anything about it. The trunk was getting wet when it rain, it took a couple of months but Ford fixed that free of cost as well. It has been a nightmare, I bought a Suzuki in 2002 and I never had bad experiences until I got to 36,000 miles, with this Ford however I'm up to 10,000 miles and have visited the dealer complaining like 8 times already.

I like the Bluetooth technology and command voice and interior design.

The paint job must be better, the transmission should be no problem, the detailing should be better that's why I bought a Ford instead of a KIA.
By lotusgeek
on 06/08/13 16:16 PM (PDT)

@Larry: I don't want you to take this the wrong way - I truly want to understand what I'm about to ask. Your written review is summarily negative. Really, really negative. Yet, the actual numeric/star rating you submitted with this review indicates that you think it is a very good, if not outstanding, vehicle. All of your numeric ratings are 5 stars, except for 3 areas, and those are still 3 stars - nothing is rated lower than that. Your overall rating is a solid 4 out of 5. This vexes me. These two review areas are wildly contradictory, at least from my perspective. In fact, I would actually believe it if you were to say that two different people submitted your review - one providing the numeric rating, and you providing the written explanation. So, my simple request is this: Would you be so kind as to explain this dichotomy to the class? It would be most appreciated!