Disappointing
By crash308 on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
Ordered my Focus SEL in July '11 with My Ford Touch, moon roof, and premium stereo. MFT module failed within a few weeks. The dealer replaced the computer and its been mostly reliable since. (Ford increased the warranty to 5 years on the module because of ongoing problems). DON"T BUY MFT - its a waste of money. Its a pain to remember all of the voice commands and everything that SYNC is capable of doing can be done in 10 times faster by adjusting a knob. The transmission is TERRIBLE. Unusual hesitations, bad shift intervals, and unpredictable acceleration are common. The recall improved performance, but didn't solve the problems.
Favorite Features
Its a very stylish car. I would have preferred to see the euro grill (2014 fiesta has it now). The car feels more solid than others in its class. Close the door on a focus, for example, and then compare to the same experience on a Toyota.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission! I won't buy another car with this transmission. Trunk space is very limited - even with the rear seats down. My '87 civic had more cargo space. MFT/SYNC is a waste of money. The vehicle health report feature is useless. Oh, and one last little gripe - the rear wiper switch is in a strange spot and way too easy to accidentally turn on.