2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Completely Bi-polar car

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual)

Completely Bi-polar car
By daddy7 on

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just received my SEL Hatchback, I opted for the 301A, Nav, Winter Package, and Remote Start. This car is driving me crazy. So many pros and then a few super annoying cons that have completely ruined this new car experience and have me wishing I had gone elsewhere.

Favorite Features

Handles great, rides great. Cabin noise is perfect with the windows up and the car under 72mph. Technical features are great but there reliability is spotty.

Suggested Improvements

Drive Issues There is a high pitched, very loud, wind noise above 72mph. The same noise can be heard above 45mph with window down (first you eliminate wind bufferring by lowering the rear window). Additionally the molding between the A-pillar and the windshield comes loose at highway speeds. Other trim pieces seem extremely flimsy. The engine lugs from dead stops due to "eco" purposes to start out in 2nd gear. Feature Issues The Myford touch screen flakes out routinely (every other time I drive it) and does not allow or give voice prompts. It also stops giving you navigation directions. The screen also takes minutes to "boot up" when starting the vehicle. No more characters left.