Used 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Don't buy it!
By sharon63

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my Focus in 2012 with 27k miles on it. I sold it 8 months later with 47k. The dealership even let me take it home for 3 days to make sure i really wanted it. Fair enough. But 1 wk after the purchase it started bucking especially when going up a hill and in the 1st and second gear.intermittantly. I traded a Mazda 3 manual and it felt like somebody was driving it that didn't know how to shift, and that wasn't me, because this is an automatic transmission. I took it in 3 times and was told that's how it drives. Then the engine light came on. took it back in and they replaced the clutch and it fixed the problem. also, the vaporizer was bad. Nothing but a headache.

Looks good exteriorly. great gas milage

Fix the automatic transmission or buy a manual

I just Don't know
By zhuber07

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2012 Ford Focus around thanksgiving in 2011. Bought it brand new and was happy with it while test driving. For the first 6 months, it ran fine. But after that 6month point, started having problems. If I stop at a light, I have stalled(this is an automatic), where I have to change to Park or neutral, then put it back into drive. Each gear shift creates very large shudder noises as if my transmission is about to die. My radio has not turned on before or just got stuck and not turn off. Handling is great, and when it does go, it can getup and go for the kind of car it is. I drive decently, but never hit the MPG mark they have advertise

Push to start button; keyless start. The look of it is pretty nice. Features it came with is decent, but seen better for the price I paid.

Better transmission. Advertise correct gas mileage. Maybe a more comfortable ride. It is the titanium edition and not the sport edition.

Short time fun car
By daisk

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Iv only owned the car for 3 days now, it was used with 36000 miles on it pretty high. was prevously a rental car. Anyway the drive seems its smooth and fast. the sync seems to work fine for me mostly just use it for audio at this point. so far im very satisfied with this car if that ever changes ill post a reply.

Bluetooth, the ac, body style and performance

nothing but regret
By jamussel

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

the worst car i've ever owned. 2012 ford focus with 30,000 mile and been in the shop more than all my other cars and trucks over the last 20 years combined. junk. gas milage is a joke. 26 mpg combined. 31 mpg all hwy. terrible transmission as everyone says. mine buzzes and rattles from the head liner and the dash. don't even think about this car. called ford for their buy back program and they just said no. no other help. they could care less. never buying another ford and i'm selling the stock i own. should have bought a Kia... or anything else.

Price/Quality
By nataliasturza

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my focus se for about half a year now and drove almost 6.000 miles. It was used with about 30.000 miles, however, can say for sure, I am totally in love with this car. The performance is above average, I have about 32 MPG, although, read the previous comments about 35-40, so will work on my driving skills improvement. The driving process is smooth and light, sometimes it seems that it drives by itself. Besides, I completely adore the design of the car, the big "eyes" and pretty "butt" always catch attention. I was debating between Nissan Versa, Mazda 3 and Ford Fiesta and now can say for sure, I made the right choice. Natalia.

• SUV