4DR Titanium
By jaybar2 on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
We've had the Focus Titanium for a couple of months now and all I can say is that I cant believe this is a FORD. This car drives and handles like a much more expensive car and the best part is the handling. My wife who is not a car person commented last week that she likes how the car handles. This from a person who doesnt know the difference between a BMW or a Yugo so if she noticed the handling you know it has to be good. The gas mileage is pretty unbelievable and I mean unbelievable, yesterday I was cruising at a steady 65 MPH on the highway and eventually the computer showed 45.2 MPG! In town I'm getting well over 30mpg, the highway mpg is in the diesel range! 40-45mpg.
Favorite Features
The gas mileage is the biggest plus but I'd like to mention the automatic transmission. Its not really an automatic transmission and does not work like a regular auto transmission. Its a manual transmission that acts like an automatic. You will feel a difference when starting off from a traffic light but it seems that as the miles on the odometer increase the transmission is acting smoother (just my perception). But dont worry its not bad. I will put up with any quirks as long as it keeps getting 40 plus mpg on the highway. The info system is confusing for about a month till you learn how to use it. The interior leather is excellent and very comfortable on trips. Ford service is affordable.
Suggested Improvements
I'd suggest they try to make the transmission a bit smoother in 1st gear. Other than that we are happy with the car. The fit and finish is superb and the paint job (Grey Metalllic) is beautiful. Its a ford compact but it feels european and sporty. You wont be disappointed.