Used 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Satisfied Customer
By jisla

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

My 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback is great. No problems at all. In the beginning I noticed a little jerk with the transmission, but it is no longer an issue. I just trained my right foot on how to accelerate and it accelerates real smoothly now. I love the way it handles and is great on gas. I love the exterior and interior design and the no gas cap feature makes putting gas in this car a snap. I just love driving it!

no gas cap feature, fog-lights. Roominess when rear seats are down for transporting cargo. Overall get up and go, instrument display--.not hard to figure out, cup holders in rear doors, front seats are real comfortable! Mother-in-law said the Focus front seats are more comfortable than in her Mercedes.

None! It's great in all areas. Ford hit a homerun with this car!

The only one
By duke2012

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We have a 2012 Focus and it has been a great little car. We are averaging 33.5 mpg on a trip from GA to TX & back, interstate and stop & go driving. At 20,000 miles we started having transmission shudder, I called service at our dealer. Decided it carry it in with it was time for a oil change, in a week got a notice from Ford stating to carry it in for service on the transmission. We carried it in the first of September and got it back the same day, no more shudder. We now have a 7 year - 100,000 warranty on the transmission. Dealership and Ford did everything to make us happy. Not sure about the other post but we are happy.

REALLY!!!!
By shebamidnightr

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my focus brand new and for the first two years it ran like a dream the gas was good the car is cute then one day my car just randomly starts cutting off while in motion I took it to ford and they didn't and wouldn't fix it I've been to the dealership at least 4 times in the last month just to end of being told that its the fuel pulposion system and that its 2000.00 to fix and by the way it isn't covered under warranty!

Good Luck if you buy it.
By salmark

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have a Ford Focus 2012 that I bought used. I just got out of the dealership. Why? Engine light turned on while I was driving and suddenly my entire car is lunging back and forth and gears are going nuts. Worse of all, I can't even put it in reverse.
If you're going to get a Focus, good luck. I looked at reviews before and said, "meh, it won't happen to me." It did. Transmission might have to be replaced. Bluntly put, let's just say I'm not going to go Ford for a good time. Oh, and highway MPG is amazing. City... totally sucks. 18-23 and I don't drive rough at all. Might as well be driving a Jeep with that mileage. Thanks Ford.

Exterior looks amazing and on the interior of a Titanium version, it looks very chic as well; though the touchscreen needs to be somewhat forcibly pushed. Let's just say it's not an iPad. If your car came with a little resonator/little intake, it sounds perfect, not obnoxious but not weak. Decent acceleration. Nice sound system.

Fix your transmission Ford. This would have been "the car" for everyone to buy. But nope, you just had to mess up the basics. -clapclap-

One big LEMON!
By psugrad15

2012 Ford Focus Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

What a lemon and huge disappointment the car has been.
I guess I am even more disappointed in Ford for not standing behind their vehicle.
I have had nothing but issues with this car from the day I got it.
It was all quickly pushed under the rug as normal break-in time.
Well, the car is dangerous and should be recalled!
The transmission revs are highway speeds and you lose all ability to accelerate.
I have had it happen now four times and when I take it to the dealer, they cannot dublicate the issue.
So it am sent on my way again.
Well, not before I give them a laundry list of all the other items that need to be repaired.
Including that crap Ford touch system.
What a joke!
RUN!

Start from scratch. Not sure you can save this one.