30,000 miles in 18 months
By whitfoc on
2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
Overall, I liked the Focus I purchased new, but as time went on, several issues popped ip. Interior quality is much improved and I loved all the techy features. I had the Titanium with premium and winter packages, moonroof. No Navi or self parking though. After several updates, the Sync and My Ford Touch system was finicky to use with an iPhone, steering wheel controls would do the opposite sometimes, moonroof would reopen when trying to at 70 mph. Sync does not understand "yes" very well. Several rattles in drivers door and headliner area when cold outside. Auto/manual transmission leaves little to be desired even after the refresh. Great handling car, firm but comfortable ride.
Favorite Features
Rain Sensing wipers, technology if it worked as designed, ambient lighting, trip computer, ease of use of the steering wheel controls, Wonderful Sony sound system, Loved the integrated blind spot mirrors, handling was excellent, gas mileage was very good under 70 mph.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission was jumpy at start which is normal for the auto/manual trans according to Ford. This made you hesitate to turn in front of traffic. AC compressor would shut off while approaching or sitting at stop lights even on MAX setting (not good in tropical climate), Excessive rattles in cool/cold temperatures, SYNC and My Ford Touch is cumbersome and troublesome. Paint is very prone to chipping. Too many chips in front after 30,000 miles. Traded this car for 2013 Kia Optima as I needed a little larger car and due to irritating issues which were obvious design flaws.