Used 2012 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 240 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

nice car
By becheurh@yahoo.com

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Nothing wrong .I hade 64000 miles on it

Reliable little thing!!!!!
By Shirley

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

people complain about the way the focus drives it does shake at times and feels weird that's the transmission doing its job it's not your basic automatic tranny its's a manual shifting gears for you so it will drive a little like a stick but thats how it saves on gas and has some speed to it!!!! I bought the car used at 30,000 miles and had it for two years now at 69,000 and let me tell you i travel often and this car was never in the shop for one thing i love this car!!!!

Please do not buy save your money
By Marg

2012 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 30,000 miles. Only good thing about it is gas. It has major transmission problems has been to dealership 5-6 for this issue only in 2yrs that I have owned it. Car stereo wouldn't go off no matter what I did, problems with the car horn and steering wheel locked up twice, once this last year took In to ford and again this year. The car has gear problems and they want $1600. It's not a safe car and expensive repair costs plus it doesn't drive good.
Please don't fall for the looks, it's totally not worthy it!!

75K No Problems with reliability
By Terry

2012 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned for 4yrs and 75k miles. Drive 70 miles a day on main hwys to work. No major issues. 36 - 38 mpg. Just had serviced all good . brake pads 75% left. Upgraded tires for better winter traction. Rear deck material falling apart. Drivers rubber molding comes loose.

We're Loving Our Focus!
By Matthew

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not sure why everybody hates these cars so much or why they're all having problems. We bought ours used with 36,000 miles on it. We weren't too excited about getting it because of all the problems we had heard about, but this was the only choice we had and we needed a new car. When we first bought it, it was awesome. It drives so smooth. It has an awesome stereo, great interior quality, overall just an awesome car. We've had it for a while and it's a daily driver between my fiance and I. We haven't experienced any problems with it. Nothing with the transmission or anything else, it's still driving like the day we bought it. It's amazing on gas too. It's a great car and I would recommend it to anyone. The only problems I've found in it is that it's a little on the small side, especially in the backseat and the lack of storage sucks. Other wise, it's the best car we have ever owned. We bought it used from a dealership in Ohio and we have a 5 year - 150,000 mile, bumper to bumper warranty so if something does break, it's completely covered, but I don't think anything is going too. You have to remember that this is a Ford Focus and not a sports car. I think some of the people having the problems aren't treating their car the way that they should be. I think a lot of people complaining about the transmission also don't realize that it's a "Electronic Controlled Automatic" but is actually a" Dual-Clutch Manual Transmission". If you've ever driven a manual, you know how it feels, BUT we haven't noticed it feeling like a manual. It feels exactly like an automatic should. I came from a 5-Speed Mitsubishi Eclipse before this Focus so I know what a manual feels like and our Focus doesn't drive anything like that so I don't why everybody seems to be having problems. If you're looking for a good car, quick and nimble, great on gas, and an awesome stereo, check out the Ford Focus.