2012 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. FFV 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - 2013 Ford Focus

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

2013 Ford Focus
By trevc on

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Looks great ...very solid feel. Super seats, not sure I liked the BLACK plastic all over everything.....need possible tan options. It was just the right size. The handling is 1st class. The power was a little lacking....I am used to an accord v6 manual. I look forward to driving a high performance model. The car can certainly handle the extra power. Economy.......the read out said 30 mpg ...hopefully that will improve. Ford is onto a GREAT thing here. There was NO manual to be had anywhere to drive...It is only a 5 speed anyway ....only the auto is 6 speed.......WHAT WERE YOU THINKING FORD ???

Favorite Features

HANDLING

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual Better color interior choices.
By nouse4aname
on 05/20/11 04:55 AM (PDT)

@trevc Have you checked reviews of the 5 speed manual though? It is getting rave reviews even if it is 'just' a 5.

By cpogordon
on 07/15/11 07:47 AM (PDT)

Yes, you could have more power with a Turbo or a V6 but then you wouldn't be getting very good gas mileage and that's what this car was designed for - Good gas mileage with better than average power for the class.

By arlena1
on 08/24/11 20:37 PM (PDT)

i just returned from Geremany where I rented a 2012 Focus with 6 Speed Manual. I absolutely loved it, fun car to drive...why are only 5 speed manual available in the US?