2012 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 2012 Ford Focus SE 200A Packag

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2012 Ford Focus SE 200A Package Review
By mdallen22 on

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

My review after two months of being an owner and an aggressive driver: Overall I think you get a great car for the price. It drives great, gets the advertised gas mileage, great sound system, I assume it's as safe as the reviews say, although i haven't been able to test that (knock on wood) and it looks sharp. There are a few suggestions/improvements i'd like to see Ford make to send this car to the top of its class, but overall I would recommend this car to a potential buyer.

The car handles and drives great for a 4 cylinder. I love the way it feels and it is very responsive in more ways than one. Tight steering, nice acceleration, and good braking. It also performs well in snowy and icy conditions. I love the Easy Fuel "No Cap" feature for filling up gas. Sound system is superb in my opinion. It's like no other car I've been in for just a standard sound system. Love the interior design; including the seat colors and pattern, and dash controls and layout. I feel like I'm in a cock pit (Thanks Alan Mulally) Good price for the car you get!

The AUX input is located in the glove box. Certain equipment packages put the AUX input in the middle console; this should be standard. You should be able to use the steering wheel controls to control your device hooked up to the AUX input (i.e. iPod). I want to search through my iPod using my steering wheel controls and i can't; only the volume control works. You may need to get use to the "funny" shifting at low speeds. Some make like it because it's a sporty feeling, others may say its an annoyance. Dash lights take a few seconds to kick on after i turn the headlights on. I wish all equipment packages came with 4 disc brakes. I have front disc and rear drums.