2012 Focus SEL
By adamb1 on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I have almost 3,000 miles on my '12 Focus SEL purchased 03/31/12. Two areas that concerned me at time of purchase have been addressed by FoMoCo. I have upgraded MyFordTouch and the system is faster, has not crashed, and integrates well with my IPhone 4s. I've also had the transmission recalibrated under the recent service program. The drive is now smoother, lugs less at low speeds, does not lurch at low speeds, and downshifts quicker. I have no complaints about the recalibrated transmission only that this is how it should have been from the beginning. I am not getting the advertised MPG's but mileage has been improving with break in. Overall, it's a great small car.
Favorite Features
My Ford Touch. Sony sound system with sub. Leather interior and overall interior design High quality ride and handling Enough power that you don't feel penalized for driving a "fuel efficient" vehicle 17" wheels/tires hit the right note on styling and perfect balance between ride and handling. My Ford Services turn-by-turn directions work well.
Suggested Improvements
Manual passenger seat adjusters are difficult to locate/use. Sunglasses holder/moonroof control panel is flimsy and feels cheap to use. Sun visor material is cheap. Deserves to have manual shift gate or shift paddles. Shifter toggle switch is not intuitive.