2012 Focus I regret buying!!
By mylilmule on
2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)
I've had my Focus for about 5 months now and while the car looks awesome, I can't really recommend it to anyone. After 5 weeks of owning it, the sun roof exploded on my while I was driving down the interstate. It then sat at the dealer for 5 weeks waiting for a new sun roof. The shifting is horrible and unpredictable and is usually in third gear before you hit 15mph. The MyFord Touch is awesome, when it's not locked up. I had to do a battery disconnect at one point because it was locked up and now my gas mileage sucks. I was getting over 40mpg before that on the hwy but now am getting about 33mpgs. HUGE difference. Looks aren't everything, but you find out the hard way...
Favorite Features
I love the look of the exterior and interior. It's more European than anything Ford's produced in the US before. The seats are comfortable, I love the one touch down/up for all of the windows. It's quite and the audio system is awesome, again as long as the MyFord is working. I would have loved to have had the option for a manual trans on the SEL but oh well...
Suggested Improvements
If all of the people I've read about on the internet are having the same issues with the MyFord Touch, it would have been nice if they would have fixed it BEFORE releasing it to the world. This car has so much potential but now is relegated to just a pile of junk. If you buy a car for the technology and that technology kicks you in the face, all you want to do is fight back. I married my third wife for looks and she turned out to be a dud. Well, it appears I was fooled again... Also, I understand that this isn't a muscle car but the lack of start up power is astonishing. You have to make sure you have TONS of space before you pull out in traffic. It borders on being dangerous. Fix it!!
By ritchie19047
on 02/14/12 18:39 PM (PST)

Just a simple question...why would one open the hood of one's car and do anything, especially if one had absoutely no idea what one was doing? OMG! disconnect the battery...are you mad???

By orangelebaron
on 11/13/11 12:25 PM (PST)

I always find it funny that the reviews for products always get more thumbs up if it's a good review. If you tell about your issues with it and that you are not satisfied, reader become upset that you cannot justify their purchase, so they give you a thumbs down.... either that, or it's "fanboys" giving the thumbs down.