2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2012 Focus SEL Sedan
By ronnyt on 06/10/11 06:27 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We ordered our Focus so we could get it exactly like we wanted it. We have had the car for one week now and LOVE it. We moved down from an '08 Taurus Limited for the gas mileage. I was a little concerned about the size but although the Focus is quite a bit smaller it is very comfortable and I love the handling. We took the Focus on a 200 mile trip the second day we had it and averaged 37/mpg. Filled it up yesterday and even driving back and forth to work and in city traffic averaged almost 30. We have had a lot of positive comments about about the looks of the car, especially the Red Candy Clearcoat Metallic paint. I only buy Fords and they have definitely got it right with the new Focus.

Focus Hatch Titanium
By docdsc on 06/09/11 06:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Focus after driving many other compact cars. The Focus exceeded all my expectations. I don't think I would have ever considered the Focus, until I started reading the reviews about it. Ford really has done an amazing job building and designing this car. The car feels extremely solid, drives exceptionally well, is very comfortable, and economical. The engine is very smooth, and the auto clutch tranny shifts crisply, especially in the "s" mode. The manual shifting option is on the gear selector, I would prefer a steering wheel mounted paddle.

way to go Ford
By aenigmatic on 06/02/11 11:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have recently purchased my first domestic auto (other than my mom's buick I had in HS) in this new Focus and I am really impressed. There are so many features it is easier to ask what it doesn't have than what it does have. More importantly, these features work well, all the way down to the rain-sensing wipers (!). The steering is responsive, the engine sounds great, and the fuel efficiency is best of breed. I have owned VW, Honda, Acura, Toyota, Nissan, Saab, BMW and Buick. I can truthfully say that this is the nicest car I have ever had, and no one will ever accuse me of being a snob for driving it.

Not everything is roses with this new model.
By bwj3278 on 05/28/11 16:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

It was about 3 weeks ago I decided to trade in my gas guzzling F150 for a new Focus. With two jobs and one of them being real estate, I really needed something fuel efficient. Lets start with what I do like...most of the styling...the only part I don't like is the unpainted rocker panel plastic...it looks cheap. The car rides and drives well and the Candy Blue paint is awesome and gets lots of compliments. However, it is not all well... I am currently waiting for a new dash, because mine split. My driver side air vent plastic is chipped, a door is misalligned, and a rattle has already developed. This is my 12th Ford, and my last until Ford can get it together.

2013 Ford Focus
By trevc on 05/19/11 06:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Looks great ...very solid feel. Super seats, not sure I liked the BLACK plastic all over everything.....need possible tan options. It was just the right size. The handling is 1st class. The power was a little lacking....I am used to an accord v6 manual. I look forward to driving a high performance model. The car can certainly handle the extra power. Economy.......the read out said 30 mpg ...hopefully that will improve. Ford is onto a GREAT thing here. There was NO manual to be had anywhere to drive...It is only a 5 speed anyway ....only the auto is 6 speed.......WHAT WERE YOU THINKING FORD ???

It's no BMW, but worth the money
By johnfsteph on 05/13/11 13:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

This new 2012 Ford Focus has a lot of similarities to my 2009 BMW 335i. There is a lot of German/European influence on this new redesigned car. For about $24k you can have all if not more options than a Mercedes/BMW for half the price. If you are looking for a well rounded commute car for not a lot of money, look into the Ford Focus Titanium. You will be very impressed with it. I have the 5-door Focus Titanium in Tuxedo Black (very cool color!!!) and I am very happy with it. The best part is I get close to 38 miles per gallon!!!

Ford Hit A Home Run
By cbnchba on 05/06/11 17:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2012 Focus HB SE, 6speed Auto, on 4/22/11. I absolutely love this car. The fun factor is outrageous and addicting. Everything about this car is amazing. The car build is solid, no vibrations or squeeks. the doors close solid and the front and rear seats are very supportive and hold you in. My main reason too purchase this vehicle was for its good fuel mileage, so far i'm getting 39 mpg, in mixed driving

I love this car
By praveen75 on 05/05/11 11:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Took delivery 2 weeks ago and this car (SEL version) has got everything I needed. Technology apart, I am completely sold on the handling and performance of this vehicle. I already see a 30 MPG on my dash with 900 miles on the odometer - mostly city driving. Haven't gone on a long drive yet and I am sure the vehicle can deliver on the 35 MPG promise on highways. I went with 10 speaker Sony Audio system and it is a mind blowing stereo experience. My Ford Touch is a little buggy but works with all my USBs and voice commands - cool. The vehicle strikes a perfect balance on the performance, afforadability, technology, fuel-efficiency and handling. The interior has a very clean finish. We love it!

Very Surprising!
By chart63 on 05/03/11 11:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

From the moment I stepped into the 2012 Focus, I was hooked. I test drove a Civic, a Mazda 3, an Elantra, and a Cruze. All of them were good cars, but the Focus really stood out from those. It feels like it should cost a lot more than it does. I know what type of car I was looking for...I wanted a comfortable, good mileage, "fun to drive" car and the 2012 Focus fit the bill. Aside from the great enhancements to the exterior, the interior has a major upgrade from years past, and the technology available is truly amazing. The 6 speed double clutch transmission can take some getting used to, but is responsive. Fun, good MPG, solid build quality, and technology make this a great entry!

Ford has a winner!
By jonkit99 on 05/02/11 12:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Took delivery 3 days ago and so far I am completely satisfied with this vehicle. Previous auto was 2008 Escape and while this model is one of Fords best sellers it was not my bag. While I have need of some cargo space the Focus Hatch has plenty and I did not need an auto as large as the Escape. This Focus has style, it is one sharp looking vehicle. The new manual transmission that you cannot shift manually (yeah I was confused too) is as smooth as silk w/six speed to boot. My old Focus Hatch was no slouch at the green light and this new guy is even better. I left aToyota Matrix in the dust. Not something I normally do but I couldn't resist just once. Smooth & quiet ride. It's a winner!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Focus in VA is:

$140 per month*