2012 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 13

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fantastic Focus
By 330zhp on 03/31/12 19:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Traded in an Audi Q5 for better gas mileage and lower payment. Expected to feel like I was 'downgrading', but the Focus was quite surprising. Interior is comfortable and well laid out. Quiet inside with solid ride. Sound system is not quite up to Bang & Olufsen system in Audi, but not bad at all. I actually like the My Ford Touch interface better than Audi's MMI. Lots of nice touches in this car that even Audi does not offer (e.g., LED interior lighting and a sunglasses holder that actually holds an adult pair of sunglasses). Test drove Elantra and Focus was much, much better. Car is brand new so averaging only about 28mpg. I hope this number improves as the car is broken in.

Love my new Focus SE Sedan
By ldw6559 on 03/29/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just picked up my New Focus Sedan in Sterling Metallis Grey with a 5 speed manual tranny and the 203A package. Including 2500 in rebates final price 15,775.00. I can't imagine another car with all these features , ( look up 203A package) for a better price and it handles and drives better than my wifes 28,000.00 Camry. This car is comfortable, stylish, well made and an absolute blast to drive. The interior is well laid out and very comfortable. The ride is excellent and very quiet. Try one before you purchase a simular size car and I'm betting you'll choose the Focus. Looks alone inside and out have that European feel and remember most of this car was designed in Germany and built in Mich.

2012 Ford Focus DO NOT BUY
By westgadawg on 03/29/12 06:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

6000 Miles. The car has been in the shop a total of 26 days. The tranny was rebuilt 2 times on the first trip in to service before it was replaced on the trip in. The software for the entire car has been reflashed on both trips to the service dept. The car wont idle at low speeds and the the car will shut down for no reason. This car is a safety hazard and will eventually get someone killed. It is a shame because the car could have been a great asset to Ford instead Ford puts out a piece of crap and refuses to admit they have a problem with this car. Save yourself a headache. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR.

Ford's best Focus EVER!
By cedartree84 on 03/13/12 09:43 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is beyond awesome! I previously had a 2010 Focus and this beats it in several major ways. The first is I am getting about 3-4 better MPG in this car than I did in the 2010. This is amazing considering I get about 20 more HP than the outgoing model. Next the interior quality is spectacular for a car in this class. I feel like there is a ton of room and the controls are very driver-centric. Speaking of driving, it is a dream to drive. It handles really well and taking it on a windy country road is a lot of fun. There a few minor things that Ford needs to address (which I will detail below) but all-in-all I would call this a home run.

The Best American Car Ever!
By sobemen on 02/26/12 12:05 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I recently purchased this Ford Focus Titanium Edition. I can't stop driving this car. It is the best American car I have ever owned. Having owned BMW's. Land Rover's, Porsches, Toyotas, Honda and Nissan, I feel quite confident in providing Ford with the highest accolades around this product. I bought the extended Service warranty which is a great value. Ford has come a long way and their customer service and the entire purchase experience puts them well ahead of other car manufacturers All my friends and family just love to look at the fine engineering and body style of this vehicle. I also enjoy the fuel economy and German ride of this vehicle. Congrats Ford on an excellent job!

Great economical sport hatch
By grizpin on 02/21/12 07:35 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I searched for months to trade in my Dodge Nitro (19mpg) for a more family friendly economical/sporty car. Nothing I found compared value wise (space + economy) until I found the Ford Focus Hatchback (32mpg). I enjoy driving again with the Focus's German designed handling. I am able to maneuver swiftly through traffic so I not only save money on gas but I save time from my commute. I also still have enough cargo space to take my kids on weekend road trips when we want to get away. The dual clutch transmission takes about 2k miles to break in but once it does she runs as smooth as a standard automatic so drive it like you stole it for a while ;) Great car!

Wise Decision
By flashpic on 02/19/12 05:27 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus Hatchback SE -5 Speed , w/sport, 201A, and winter packages on 1/3/12 and it has ~2k miles on it now. I love the car and it is an excellent value IMO! I've had zero problems or complaints with the car so far. I am getting just under 36 MPG with about 50% highway driving (w/snow tires) but I try to be light on the pedal & keep highway speeds below 65 . I am getting tons of complements on the car. The Focus is fun to drive, the manual trans shifts flawlessly, has a great driverís seat (sport package) , all of the necessities & then some and has a high quality fit/finish/feel on all of the materials/parts. I do recommend separate winter tires for snow & ice driving.

I love my new car!!
By jwagg7483 on 02/18/12 11:39 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Coming from a GM family, I was a little nervous about driving a Ford. I love it! It's gorgeous, affordable, and fun to drive. I have noticed that it stalls when I first take off, but I am coming from a 6 cylinder and I probably try to push it too far at take-off. The car is small, so my 6'3", 300 lb step-son cannot ride comfortably, but my other kids (they're normal size) love it. Overall, it's a great car. I am happy with my decision and my father did not disown me. LOL!

Best Focus model yet!
By unfocused1 on 02/18/12 11:03 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

While it takes time getting used to the 6-speed dual clutch automatic transmission (I came from a 4-speed automatic, 2009 Focus), this model (SEL, Sedan, with SEL Premium package) blows its predecessor out of the water. Even if it costs a little bit more. I've felt no transmission slippage and haven't seen rogue RPM fluctuations, and mine is a newly built model (I should get the actual build date, but I bought it under a week ago, and the OD had "5" on it.) If there were problems, hopefully Ford's dealt with them. But, as with all things car, buy the extended warranty upfront. Handling is virtually perfect. A HUGE plus. Braking is much improved over the 2009 model.

2012 Ford Focus Issues
By farz on 02/18/12 10:09 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

If you think to buy New Ford Focus, think again, Do not do it. My 2012 Ford Focus has lot of issues regards to SYNC system. every day new error masseges for phone conections, one day whole system and screen went black and every thing was off. the car is shaking after long drive if try to take off. there is seat belt safety issues if for any reason unlock the seat belt while driving there will be no worning light or sound also if leave the and come back and start driving there wil be no any sign of worning. over all very poor quality but very nice design. This will be my First and Last Ford Product.