Used 2012 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Don't buy this car!
By thecarguy112

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought a 2012 Focus with leather, and no my ford touch. The car was used with 34,000 miles 11 months ago (rental) and it now has 52,000. This is a completely honest review of this car. Comfort wise it is pretty awful. It seems no one talks about how rock hard the front seats are, and how it becomes unbearably uncomfortable after 2 hours in the seats, and I am definitely NOT fat. The road noise is insane, but this car has original tires on it. The transmission (automatic) is horrible. It constantly jerks and shudders into gears and when it shifts, it brings the RPM's so low that all the torque is gone. You have to keep the car above 3000RPM to actually move. I think thats enough ranting.

Favorite Features

Styling is fantastic. Handling is excellent. Great MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Comfort, Reliability, Transmission, Ride quality and road noise.

Disappointing
By larry209

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From the beginning I notice a transmission flaw but had to wait for the recall to have it repaired free of cost. The painting is falling apart each day, no one will do or say anything about it. The trunk was getting wet when it rain, it took a couple of months but Ford fixed that free of cost as well. It has been a nightmare, I bought a Suzuki in 2002 and I never had bad experiences until I got to 36,000 miles, with this Ford however I'm up to 10,000 miles and have visited the dealer complaining like 8 times already.

Favorite Features

I like the Bluetooth technology and command voice and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

The paint job must be better, the transmission should be no problem, the detailing should be better that's why I bought a Ford instead of a KIA.

Ford Focus 2012 Titanium : Nightmare
By gillesm

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The ford Focus 2012 Titanium Last september 2011, i have bought a Ford Focus 2012 Titanium. That day was the day when i did my worst error ever . Just one week later – not one year, but one week – i was driving in Montreal city when strange noises were coming out from transmission. At low speed and especially during a stop and go situation, some strong vibrations and stalling occured regularly. Since september 2011, i visited Ford dealer more often than the last 10 years driving Honda and Toyota. Despite - so far - four computer update trying to resolve that transmission nigthmare, the situation got worse.

[non-permissible content removed]
By maniac4

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The automated transmissionn says it all. For those of you who love the car be patient, It wont be long before the tranny goes ka-putt. I really liked this car till it started messing up. Gas mileage is hard to get a number. /you would have to ask the dealer or FOMOCO cause they have it more than me. What a let down.Sad. But thats normal after all. the grinding, normal,the slipping clutches normal. the screwings we got normal. the I dont knows. normal. Screw me once shame on you. screw me twice shame on me.DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR.

Favorite Features

It is a great parked in the yard. If you got a nice yard this is the car for you.

Suggested Improvements

transmission. the rubber bands need to be re wound.

Good Commuter
By ficklest

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Love the car! Purchased in late December - 12,000 miles on it already! My commute is 102 miles per day. Looks great, very comfortable ride. Combined mileage is 32.5 - some bumper to bumper and some highway speed. Exactly as expected. I am experiencing the same low gear shudder/shaking that everyone is talking about, and I'm going to take it to the dealership to have them check it out - just to get it on record. It does not, however, seem to affect the way the car drives, other than being a little finicky when downshifting.

Favorite Features

Sync, looks, comfort and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission improvements.