2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Performance, quality, style & value in high MPG car!
By jpaul4 on 05/19/12 21:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I reviewed and tested many cars in this class including Chevy Cruze, Honda Civic, Mazda 3, Toyota Matrix, and VW Golf and the Ford Focus SEL hatchback easily stood out it this class. I continue to be amazed by the handling and quality as I approach 2000 miles. I am averaging right at 28 MPG for mostly in town driving (about 95% in town, 5% highway). I chose the SEL since it provided best value with improved handling, safety and convience features at just over $20k. This car is fun to drive with great balance between handling and smooth ride that easily exceeded anything else I drove in its class. Many buttons are overwhelming at first, but quickly become simple and intuitive with use.

Good car BUT!!!!
By paulierm on 05/14/12 12:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

OK. I thought being in IT I could handle all of the problems with the mytouch. It is VERY buggy even after the patch. The car handles well and gets good gas mileage. My paint is chipping up and the dealer was nasty when I went in after 5,000 miles to complain. I called Ford and they said they don't warranty the paint from chipping and that I should expect that from their cars. NOT Happy about all the chips. Paid $550 to get chips filled in and bought an invisible bra. Otherwise car is very good for the first 3 months.

AWESOME
By howard45 on 05/13/12 06:42 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We traded my wifes Escape, which she dearly loved, for the Focus Titanium. She wanted more fuel mileage and a more sporty vehicle and she definitely got it with the Focus. We took our first trip and got 37.4 MPG driving the speed limits on the Interstates. Ride and handling are superb. This is a winner. Our local Ford dealer was one reason we bought. We had recieved excellent service on the Escape since moving here.

Fun & efficient
By bobananda on 05/08/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

6 months, 6000 miles on a 2012 focus sedan SE w/203A, SE sport package, 16 inch machined alloy wheels, & side graffics. The 6 spd auto is real smooth. Got use to placement of electronic shifter & its fast & convenient. Shutter was minor and stopped after 3000 miles. It's glued to the road & brakes are excellent as is the paint job. Driving includes some interstate, some country roads, some mountains, some city but not heavily trafficked. Depending on driving mix and how much I put my foot in it, it's getting a low of 38mpg to a high of 44mpg! Overall average at this time is 41.3. Amazing! Most efficient, most power, most fun in Sport mode. Everything working perfectly.

Wow
By facelessdrone on 04/27/12 17:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have driven my Focus about 4000 miles now, and I've gotten to love it better than when new. This is a very solidly built car made out of high quality materials. It handles great and I enjoy flinging it around corners with abandon. My other car is a Porsche and around town the Focus is at least its equal in handling. I also use the Focus for my 50 mile r/t commute and on the last 3 tanks it has gotten 33, 35, and now 37 honest-to-goodness mpg. I have noticed that the mileage and smoothness of the transmission improved greatly over the last 1000 miles. The upgrade to MyFordTouch solved virtually all the issues with that, not that I had many to begin with.

Great Car
By gris1969 on 04/20/12 19:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a Fusion to the Focus to save money and I don't feel like I down sized. I'm a tall guy and I always get crap about driving small cars but I put my money into my son and not into the tank or payments. I got the 5-speed manual with regular sync system and I just love it. Not much room behind me but I don't have to ride back there so I don't worry about it. I have lots of room up front.

Golfmill Ford Tom Posiewko Thanks
By darryl63 on 04/15/12 14:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went in for an oil change on our 2011 fiesta and left with the 2012 focus hatchback.Loved the service from Tom. He was very attentive to our needs and friendly. Our total experience was simply awesome. We continue to love this dealership in everyway.We look forward to a long and happy relationship with them and ford.Our car is everything we hoped it would be and more.We are not strangers with Ford products we drove the Fiesta a year and was well pleased with it's performance.For service and delivering an excellent car to us we give these guys five stars. Thanks Tom and to your team!!!!

Overall, I love this car!
By coffeegeek on 04/15/12 09:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2012 4-Dr Sdn SE with Equip group 203A including cruise control, MyFord Sync and Sirius 6 Spkr Radio, and Optional Equipment of SE Sport pkg with Alloy Wheels, Select Shift 6 Speed Auto Transmission, Disc Brakes Front and Rear and Rear Spoiler. I am averaging 35 miles per gallon so far. This car easily keeps up with flow of traffic. On the Interstate it accelerates easily and cruises comfortably. The built in blind spot mirrors make it easy to double check for lane changes and entering on ramps. The steering is very responsive to maneuvers for unexpected circumstances. The trunk has ample room for shopping, or traveling. The fog lights are great in fog or rain conditions.

Great first 2 months
By red_racer on 04/14/12 13:15 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have made it to 2 months and 2,000 miles. I have been very happy with my purchase. I had a Jeep Liberty which I liked but needed better fuel economy and I got it I drove to a job 48 miles away one way for 4 days and averaged 35.2 mpg it was city and highway. It has been living up to the rating. I got a full loaded model with everything but the parking pkg. An amazing amount of stuff in what is a compact. Way more than my Liberty Sport. The transmission seemed a little buggy especially the first few blocks that seems to be mostly gone. Only dilemma was the Navigation would not work. So had to have it fixed. But after a reboot and and upgrade in service no problems.

Was Never A Focus Fan...Til Now :)
By jihavoh on 04/01/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a high mpg car to replace my Sonata because I drive so many miles annually, it makes a significant difference. I went to a Ford dealership to test drive a Fiesta which was underpowered and too cramped. The salesman suggested the Focus and I was sold in seconds. It was still a little more cramped than the Sonata (obviously), but it made up for it in in every other aspect.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Focus in VA is:

$139 per month*