2012 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews 10

2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Worst car ever built
By blou2 on 08/26/12 08:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Bought this car in nov of 2011 and have nothing but problems since....sync and mytouch only work part of the time...cannot lock car cause alarm always goes off...hood open alarm is always coming on...keep getting sd card fault on the nav screen even though card is in place...and the biggest problem is the transmission about once a month when pulling out into oncoming traffic it will just shudder and shake but wont go...this thing is going to get someone killed.....have had it to the dealer numerous times and they said they cannot duplicate the problems so they cannot fix them since they dont leave any codes...was going to try to lemon law it but instead just going to trade it in.... not ford

2012 Focus SE A surprise to me
By freelanceshots on 08/23/12 19:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Don't have a lot of miles on my car just yet but I'm digging my focus. Transmission seems more then fine. I've got the auto 6 speed and from what I've been told the transmission shifts and does what it does so that it can get better fuel consumption. I'm not trying to drag race anymore so it does just great. It's a lot quieter then my Ford Taurus I was driving and I can really appreciate that. Looks pretty good in my opinion. First real time out on the highway I was pulling 45 mpg where it only gets better with the more miles you put on it. Accessories I plan to get include the stick-on keypad entry, rubberized mats, rear trunk mat and some ceramic window tint.

Ford gets it right!
By brian1986 on 08/21/12 19:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Ford Way to go, Ford! I love driving this car.  We bought for our son.  I liked the 2012 restyle.  After driving it, I was sold.  While some may not enjoy the double clutch automatic, I like it since it reminds me of a manual but I don't have to shift it like a manual!  It cruises along through the 6 gears flawlessly.  It rides like a much larger car.  It is very quiet and rides well.  I now find myself thinking of how I can get my own Focus without upsetting the bank account.  Unfortunately, it will be a long wait because we also bought an Escape for my wife :-).

Transmission Issues
By mpainton on 08/18/12 04:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased my Focus Titanium after careful research. I had major transmission issues within the 1st 3 days. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the necessary parts, which will be made outside of the US. The transmission hesitated so badly that I was stuck entering into traffic and almost caused an accident. Very scary . . . I was told by the Ford mechanic that he clutch, bearings and other parts were faulty and designed badly.

2012 ford focus purchased 5-06-2011
By clarences on 08/16/12 13:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We purchased this car over a year ago. We have 16000 on it no troubles. Transmission shifts very smooth. just let it shift it's self. everyone is talking about tranmission, just let it shift on it's own. I have driven it in cross winds of 30 to 40 mph. wind on some long trips, steering is amazing. Handles better than my town car in a cross wind. Gas mileage has been 35 mpg on trips with a/c on at 70 to 74 mph. If I slow down to 60 I get 40 mpg. City driving is 30 to 32 My only complaint is it is hard to get in and out of and the ride is frimer than i like. The direct fuel is a winner. I tried to get 60 size tires on it, not available on SEL. FORD makes you buy what you do not want .

Satisfied Driver
By ave345 on 08/02/12 21:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a college student and my Ford Focus now has 1000 miles. What can I say, I absolutely love my car. I am a car enthusiast and come from a family who has owned Fords since the 1980s. The transmission takes getting used to but once you know how it performs the ride is good. I got my Focus in silver and let me tell you it is a head-turner. Learn how the transmission shifts and you will see the power and economy work.

Great car with some tech issues
By hipoldlady on 08/01/12 18:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have owned my Focus HB Titanium for 10 months now, and have for the most part enjoyed it. The controls are difficult to read in direct sunlight, and there are LOTS of reflections from the shiny interior trimwork, but the most frustrating thing is that the Sync system does not seem to understand a word I say. Asking for directions is a big reason I wanted Sync, but I wish I had never gotten it. In the beginning, the car was slow to move from 1st to second, and nearly stalled several times in the middle of busy intersections! After an update, though, this problem seems to be corrected. The handling is great!

Miss my 08 Focus!!!
By justford14 on 08/01/12 15:21 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I have 2012 SE Hatch with 6sp auto with sports package. I traded in my 5spd manual 2008 Focus sedan with 115k milage for this. I have to tell you the style, performance and steering of the new focus is so much better, but from there honestly its all less quality, less mpg and disapppointment. I was getting 36-42 MPG in my 08, I can't beat 34 doing same drive. I have several very loud interior rattles that are pending dealer part orders and the transmission never knows what gear to be in. Worst at times u hit the gas from a stop and you just sit there for seconds before transmission engages. Oh and bluetooth audio quality not as good as 08 focus.

No transmission issues for me.
By bigbaby on 07/31/12 11:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

After 3 months and 2000 miles driving mine, I think they fixed the transmission issues on the Auto,Manual with some kind of recall/patch. Mine is smooth, quiet, only issue is very slight delays backing out and starting from stop, but not so bad to be annoying. Have yet to have a problem with the car. Started off getting about 34 MPG but now closer to 30. Think it's my mix of driving, summer gas, and non-stop a/c on now.

This car was built for me!
By dumpbuster on 07/13/12 15:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I spent 40 years in the auto business beginning as a salesman, used car manager, import factory rep to factory exec and then ended up a CPDJ dealer. I've driven them all and when it was time to retire and buy what I really wanted, I bought the Focus SE with the 203A, sport package and auto/manual. I look for reasons to drive it so what I save in gas (32 around town/38 on the highway) I burn up having fun. Yeah, the MySync or whatever it's called is tedious for an old non-geek but I'm used to it. The performance is kickin' and the handling awesome. You can keep your Japanese 'cachet' cars. I'll drive the wheels off this jewel and love every minute of it!