2012 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
One big LEMON!
By psugrad15 on 08/13/14 08:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

What a lemon and huge disappointment the car has been. I guess I am even more disappointed in Ford for not standing behind their vehicle. I have had nothing but issues with this car from the day I got it. It was all quickly pushed under the rug as normal break-in time. Well, the car is dangerous and should be recalled! The transmission revs are highway speeds and you lose all ability to accelerate. I have had it happen now four times and when I take it to the dealer, they cannot dublicate the issue. So it am sent on my way again. Well, not before I give them a laundry list of all the other items that need to be repaired. Including that crap Ford touch system. What a joke! RUN!

So many bad reviews, someone should stick up for Focus
By cajunman90 on 08/11/14 15:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Let me start off by saying I love my Focus! I have 55,000 miles on mine, with 80 mile a day commutes in Houston traffic, which is pretty bad, and I have not had trouble with my Focus. The transmission is an Auto-Manual, it is supposed to feel how it does, one cannot drive it like a traditional automatic transmission and expect it to perform the same. It simply is not the same thing. Considering my Focus is self shifting a manual transmission, it does pretty dang well. Plus I have had no problems with it either. Stop and go traffic is not bad at all. As for those with size problems, you purchased a compact car. Compact meaning Small! This is a wonderful car that I will gladly buy again.

Ford Focus Titanium
By racerrich on 10/01/13 07:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Had a 10 Focus and the engine noise was unreal so the salesperson lied through his teeth and said the new 12 fixed the problem. The engine noise is to the point on the I.S. you can not hear the radio without blasting it. The handling Pkg. 18" wheels has you riding as if you were on a Go-Cart! Jerky trans. dealer said thats normal! Gas mileage what a joke unless less you drive 55. Other than that great styling and fun to drive, but it's my last Ford & I've driven them since H.S. and i'm 72. Was going to get a Fuson but my buddy said it was JUNK and in the garage 13 times..[non-permissible content removed]

2012 FOCUS HATCHBACK TITANIUM
By ron273 on 09/09/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Poor ride quality. Steering is heavy. Excessive Road Noise. Finicky electronics. Confusing controls. Difficult to enter/exit without hitting head. Chrome from dash vents reflects in windows and distracts vision in sideview mirrors. Transmission fine on highway. Too jerky for stop and go traffic.

Our 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback Lemon
By rwig44 on 09/03/13 10:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

My wife and I ordered this car loaded....even had mud flaps installed. The car drove well...but at the 10,000 mile service, Duval Ford, found the brake master cylinder was bad, even though my wife had had the car in the shop previously for brakes not working properly and all they did, was add brake fluid to the master cylinder THe Sync system always had problems, automatic windows would become unresponsive, radio would change stations after receiving a phone call. At 20,000 miles the main seals on the engine are leaking, when they tear into it, found both shaft seals on transmission leaking and damaged clutch pack. We No Longer own a Ford.

Ford Focus 2012 Titanium : Nightmare
By gillesm on 05/28/13 12:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The ford Focus 2012 Titanium Last september 2011, i have bought a Ford Focus 2012 Titanium. That day was the day when i did my worst error ever . Just one week later – not one year, but one week – i was driving in Montreal city when strange noises were coming out from transmission. At low speed and especially during a stop and go situation, some strong vibrations and stalling occured regularly. Since september 2011, i visited Ford dealer more often than the last 10 years driving Honda and Toyota. Despite - so far - four computer update trying to resolve that transmission nigthmare, the situation got worse.

Good Commuter
By ficklest on 05/13/13 12:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Love the car! Purchased in late December - 12,000 miles on it already! My commute is 102 miles per day. Looks great, very comfortable ride. Combined mileage is 32.5 - some bumper to bumper and some highway speed. Exactly as expected. I am experiencing the same low gear shudder/shaking that everyone is talking about, and I'm going to take it to the dealership to have them check it out - just to get it on record. It does not, however, seem to affect the way the car drives, other than being a little finicky when downshifting.

Economy with Style
By rockdog77 on 05/03/13 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We took delivery of our 2012 Ford Focus Titanium 5dr Hatchback in Blaze Yellow in Jan 2012. It now has over 18,000 trouble free miles on it and is our main family car. We have had it in for 2 updates, and I have processed 2 sync updates at home which were lengthy but fairly easy. The daily commute is over 40 miles and we have averaged 32-33 mpg since new. On long highway trips we can usually get 41 mpg. Overall we love the car and feel we made the right decision.

I just Don't know
By zhuber07 on 02/10/13 17:57 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought my 2012 Ford Focus around thanksgiving in 2011. Bought it brand new and was happy with it while test driving. For the first 6 months, it ran fine. But after that 6month point, started having problems. If I stop at a light, I have stalled(this is an automatic), where I have to change to Park or neutral, then put it back into drive. Each gear shift creates very large shudder noises as if my transmission is about to die. My radio has not turned on before or just got stuck and not turn off. Handling is great, and when it does go, it can getup and go for the kind of car it is. I drive decently, but never hit the MPG mark they have advertise

30,000 miles in 18 months
By whitfoc on 01/04/13 19:24 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Overall, I liked the Focus I purchased new, but as time went on, several issues popped ip. Interior quality is much improved and I loved all the techy features. I had the Titanium with premium and winter packages, moonroof. No Navi or self parking though. After several updates, the Sync and My Ford Touch system was finicky to use with an iPhone, steering wheel controls would do the opposite sometimes, moonroof would reopen when trying to at 70 mph. Sync does not understand "yes" very well. Several rattles in drivers door and headliner area when cold outside. Auto/manual transmission leaves little to be desired even after the refresh. Great handling car, firm but comfortable ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Focus in VA is:

$126 per month*