2011 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
pretty great car --silver focus se
By ewhit2001 on 02/04/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i drove a honda when i first got my license and since have drove trucks and suvs. i was skeptical at getting another car, worried that it would be too small. i think it's a little small in the backseat but i dont ride in the backseat! the gas mileage was the selling point. great for my 30 miles a day commute. the trunk is huge. i think they could have made the trunk smaller and used it for the backseat. other than that i really like this car. not a lot of engine power but once again, i'm use to bigger engines. overall, i am very pleased with my choice of getting the focus.

Great car for the money!
By kelstar88 on 01/29/11 21:29 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2011 Ford Focus SE Automatic with Sync package. I compared this car to all other cars in the same class. I was on a budget... and initially interested in purchasing an Escape but realized how much money it would save me if I went with the Focus. I love having to hardly ever fill up the gas tank. The road noise is a little load, but with the more aggressive, I was able to drive in the snow with no issue. I would recommend this car to anyone that needed something reliable, and not break the bank!

It's my company car
By bashurst on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently forced by my employer to start using their company car. I drive a lot of highway miles and frequently have passengers. My biggest problem with it is the lack of interior room if you have back seat passengers. It's not a comfortable car if you're tall or heavy set. The car is light, gets blown around on windy days and seems to have a tendency to hydroplane if it's moderately rainy. I can hear a lot of road noise. But I've been consistently been getting around 34.5 mpg on the highway. The car is quite zippy, and has good maneuverability. The engine isn't powerful, but the tranny seems to have a lot of torque. It's a good commute car, but not for hauling the kids around.

SEL w/Moon&Tune is an Incredible Value
By Wes on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

With the 2012 coming in the spring, the 2011 is now an unbelievable value. Ford is providing up to $3000 back and aggressive dealers are pricing below invoice. That means you can get a #21,000 MSRP Focus with leather and all the goodies for just over $16,000! Nothing comes close in value. Get the "Moon and Tune" package on the SEL or SES for a net of #395 after the Ford additional $795 savings and you get the premium 8-speaker sound to go with the full Sync package and a power moonroof. You even get free remote start on this model. If you want a luxury feel and drive and features for a little money nothing else on the market comes close to the SEL with Moon and Tune at just over $16000

Customer Satisfaction
By Carole Mailander on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Ford Focus SEL in Arlington Heights. I was very impressed with the knowledge and expertise of the sales department. My first trip to the service department to install the environmental package was also handled in a timely professional manner at my convenience. I was treated like one of the family. I look forward to an ongoing satisfying customer relationship. I love my new car! It has wonderful gas mileage and is very comfortable. I am enjoying all the nice features.

Good car for the money
By keithm on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Having to sell my Taurus SHO(tight times)I Decided on a Focus SES. I had put a lot of cash on the Taurus & had a lot of "equity" in it. This allowed me to pay nearly all cash for the Focus.The Focus SES has a "stiffer" suspension.The options inc. Auto,Leather,"Ambient" lighting, Cruise etc. The car handles very well. It moves pretty quick,but is no SHO.The mileage is excellent, about 35MPG.It's pretty quiet overall, though the 17" tires can be noisy. They help with the good handling. My partner has a Honda Civic. It's a good car, but I thought the Focus handled better & gave you more for the money.The only thing the honda had extra was 4 wheel disc brakes. Ford should offer them as well.

A lot of car for a little $
By Polyak on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2010 Focus S, 5 speed manual trans. The car is comfortable, it handles securely, fuel mpg so far is averaging 29.1 mpg in a mix of driving, about 50/50 city highway, it keeps going up the more I drive it. It shifts smoothly and the engine has a nice sound when revved. For $12,894 there was nothing even close to it. Honda fit looks like a small clown car for $18- 21k, no thanks. My car seats 4 very comfortably, 5 in a pinch. The trunk is huge. Standard PL,AC,CD,traction control and stability control and keyless entry even on the base S model, all STANDARD. And best of all its American and Ford didn't take the govt extortion $. Looks great in Sangria red. I'm pleased for what I paid

I really like my new 2011 Focus
By zoom on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2011 Ford Focus S A/T. I am very pleased with everything. The paint is perfect. It drives well and has great performance. At 100 MPH it holds the road well. The Chinese tires have road noise and the hubcaps are cheap looking and rattle so they will be replaced. I really like the interior, four speaker c/d- mp3- radio, A/C and the overdrive lockout. I would recommend cruise control as the car is responsive and hard to hold an exact speed on trips. I have averaged 38 MPG for the first 1000 miles of mixed driving. I would recommend this car to anyone. I bought it now as the 2012 Focus will be a turbo which will reduce it's long term durability. GOOD JOB FORD!

Not grandma's focus
By pvalentino on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Initially was looking at the Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris but once I test drove the 2011 Focus SES it was the clear winner for performance to fuel economy ratio. I was in market for commuter vehicle that would be great on gas, fit all 6' 4" and almost 300 lbs of me, and the Focus did one better by throwing in 140 HP. I love the handling and feel of the SES over all the other test drives, plus I really love all the features provided by SYNC through the great sound system.

2nd focus
By dwd on 09/02/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2nd focus. Had a 2007 ses that recently went to my daughter. In 08 they came out with a better focus with better fuel economy which didn't make me feel to good. If only I could have waited. But we liked our '07. Went to buy a 2010 and got a good deal on a trade in but they couldn't find one how I wanted it, so they offered a 2011 same price as the 2010.probably will be upset when the 2012 comes out. Anyway purchased with the idea this will be my 10 yr old's one day. Only have 3 days but like the solid feel and has better fuel economy than my 07. Will write back later

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*