Used 2011 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Fun to drive!
By Matthew

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving my focus. It grips the road nicely and its light frame makes for easy lane changes and highway entries. This car has some ZIP to it. I would feel comfortable driving this across country due to its reliability and comfort. The interior doesn't feel cheap. I expected a little better fuel economy, but its ok. For a small car, I don't feel low to the ground.

Amazing Car Packs A Punch
By Kyle Cook

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car goes way beyond expectations we have used this car as a get way car (toilet papering) and the stability and traction control are amazing it hugs the road great and the car goes the way you point the well unlike leading competitors such as the corOlla my focus has 87k+ miles and still running like a champ well built and economical design lacks some comodines like power seats but the handling is spurb compared to other cars in its segment

Love my Focus
By breiser2

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my focus for two years now. I bought it used with 11,000 miles on it. Now I'm at 50,000 miles and have still had no trouble. This is a car I would recommend to everyone.
I did extensive research when buying my car. I narrowed my list down to the Focus, Fiesta, Nissan Versa, Hyundai Elantra and Scion XD. The Focus came at the best price, for the best reliability ratings, was the most fun to drive, and was the best looking.
The Sync program isn't the most efficient system of all time, but it is a nice convenience. Occasionally it struggles, but anything electronic has it's occasional lag.
This car is great, I swear by it and plan to drive it for the next ten years.

The Ford Sync program, how the lights inside my car can change colors, the sun roof, the fact that it's blue, my pretty onyx colored wheels.

The Sync program could be better, but it was great at the time.

Ford Focus?
By stevekc

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

3 years later, this is an update to my review of the 2011 Ford Focus SEL. Nothing has really changed. At first I thought of the Ford Focus as a "starter" car that lacked features so I was a bit reluctant to even look at it but I like to see things for myself so I checked it out anyway. It has heated leather seats, power windows & locks, sunroof, premium sound system w/ 8" factory subwoofer & Microsoft Sync. There is also a GPS navigation option, but my SEL does not have it. It's a nice compact car to cruise around in and take road trips. Aside from scheduled maintenance I have not had to do anything to this car. I can't really say anything bad about it, other than I wish there was the option for the 2.0 ecoBoost engine in the SEL because I do not like the Focus ST, it looks like a 20-something's race car.

Excellent economical car!
By parshman

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Focus is great for families like ours with one child, needing great gas mileage and comfort commuting and traveling.
The Focus SE has all the bells and whistles and more, at a very competitive price.
I still can't see paying over $20k for a compact car, and this one is well under that.
We got a 2011 with 23,000 on it, and because it was certified we got 1.9% financing as well.
That, in my opinion, was an excllent value.
The car is tight, plenty of headroom, a vacuous truck, comfortable back seat and all the creature comforts we have come to expect.
I also got cruise control, Sync, etc.
The appearance is very good - This is a good choice for comfort, value, and economy.

Tight feel Cruise control Big trunk Appearance Design Color Comfort Gas mileage Value Quality

Quiet it down a little on the road