Used 2011 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Not so happy!
By dhawley

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2011 Ford Focus in March 2011 and have had three times already that it has been back to the Dealer for repairs. Once it died and left me stranded on the highway and the dealer couldn't figure out why. Another time it had a rattle and the dealer said it was because a part was left off at the factory. Now the passenger door wont open from inside or out and I have to take it to the dealer again. With all of the hype about how great a car this is supposed to be, I am really disappointed.

Very Satisfied
By lauriebe

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 6 months, and I'm very impressed. It has everything one needs as far as I'm concerned. I have an automatic, a/c, a cd player, clock, arm rest, cup holders, I can look up my miles per gallon, trip miles, the trunk is a good size considering the size of the car itself, the gas mileage is good, and not that it matters, but I absolutely love the color of my car as well (they have nice options). My favorite feature of the car, is that I feel I'm driving a more expensive vehicle, with the way it drives and handles.. very tight. It really is a fun car to drive. It has smooth driving, and great pick up, and.. it's American made, it's a good value, especially in this economy

Great Car
By bru2011

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '11 focus in March with a whooping 12 miles on it. I use it as a work car to deliver local newspapers 7 days a week. I am extremely impressed with the gas mileage given the stop and go nature of my driving requirements. I stop at 400 houses everyday and my focus still averages 28-31 mpg. When i get it out on the highway it stays around 36-38. I have put 12500 miles on it in just over 3 months and have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. If ford's cars can take a beating like this I can't wait to see how much their trucks can take!

Favorite Features

sync capabilities, steering wheel controls,

Suggested Improvements

n/a

I LOVE this car!
By juschia

2011 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car I bought on my own. I'm 21. My dad of course came with me who has plenty of knowledge with this stuff. I wanted something affordable, good and gas, and of course, cute. This car has it all. The car is absolutely perfect. Everytime I get in it I am glad I chose a ford. Both my parents drive Fords and I love their vehicles as well. Ford has done a great job with themselves.

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, peppiness of the car, interior is gorgeous and comfortable, very cute on the outside, really large trunk

Suggested Improvements

A little bigger of a backseat

What a Great Car
By hanksranger

2011 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since December 2010, First off I never saw myself buying a car, as I have always driven and liked trucks more; but I needed something good on gas as I have put 5000 miles on it since I bought it. I have not had a single mechanical issue with it. It handles great, looks good and fit my budget perfectly (the extra features I did not plan on getting where a huge plus). Ford has done really well with their quality the past few years as I have noticed. This thing is built very well and the interior is very well put together, with quality material. I cant stress enough how happy I have been with it. Only thing I could say is its not that comfy on long trips.

Favorite Features

Sync - Very easy to set up and use. Love the convenience it offers. Sirius Satellite radio free for 6 months Gas Mileage - Avg 25-26 in town, 34-37 Highway costs about $35 to fill tank (3.45 gallon) Good Handling, Fun to Drive The rims that where included with my SE package look great! Overall the car looks great, the Fog Lights are another huge plus for it. Ample trunk space 2 Aux jacks and a USB port, I can play music through a thumbdrive!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is the seats are not all that comfortable on long drives (which I do alot of). I am also 6'2" and my right leg has to lean up against the side of the center of the trim where the radio and aux jacks are. Kind of annoying but Ive gotten used to it.