Used 2011 Ford Focus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love my Focus
By breiser2

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my focus for two years now. I bought it used with 11,000 miles on it. Now I'm at 50,000 miles and have still had no trouble. This is a car I would recommend to everyone. I did extensive research when buying my car. I narrowed my list down to the Focus, Fiesta, Nissan Versa, Hyundai Elantra and Scion XD. The Focus came at the best price, for the best reliability ratings, was the most fun to drive, and was the best looking. The Sync program isn't the most efficient system of all time, but it is a nice convenience. Occasionally it struggles, but anything electronic has it's occasional lag. This car is great, I swear by it and plan to drive it for the next ten years.

Favorite Features

The Ford Sync program, how the lights inside my car can change colors, the sun roof, the fact that it's blue, my pretty onyx colored wheels.

Suggested Improvements

The Sync program could be better, but it was great at the time.

Seriously?? A Focus?
By stevekc

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 5 months now. I really did not want to post a review so soon but I also did not want to wait until the car was completely irrelevant....At first my mind was so set on this Volvo S80 that I did not even want to test drive a Focus, they always seemed like a "starter" car that was short on features, esp to someone accustomed to BMWs & Lincolns. But I am an open minded car guy and the Volvo turned out to be a real POS. If nothing else I just wanted to scratch the Focus off the list. I liked it but wasn't sold until I drove a couple of other cars including a Fusion and a Mercury Milan, which was super nice but the trans had a hard clunk when downshifting from 2 to 1

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, heated side view mirrors, Ambient lighting, Sunroof, Premium Sound System with factory subwoofer - the absolute best audio system I have ever had from any car manufacturer, Bluetooth & Microsoft SYNC...and of course the Ford dealer in Dillsburg, PA whose last name is the 1st name of a woman and the sales consultant who we'll just call S.T.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe it is just me but since day 1 I can't put more than 5 or 6 dollars of gas in before the pump cuts off as if the tank is full. I basically have to top it off the entire time in order to fill it up unless I happen to go to an older gas station where the pumps are not as powerful as some of the more recently manufactured gas pumps are....Oh and the dash lighting should match the color of the ambient lighting that is chosen and just default to the standard blue when Ambient lighting is turned off.

Excellent economical car!
By parshman

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Focus is great for families like ours with one child, needing great gas mileage and comfort commuting and traveling. The Focus SE has all the bells and whistles and more, at a very competitive price. I still can't see paying over $20k for a compact car, and this one is well under that. We got a 2011 with 23,000 on it, and because it was certified we got 1.9% financing as well. That, in my opinion, was an excllent value. The car is tight, plenty of headroom, a vacuous truck, comfortable back seat and all the creature comforts we have come to expect. I also got cruise control, Sync, etc. The appearance is very good - This is a good choice for comfort, value, and economy.

Favorite Features

Tight feel Cruise control Big trunk Appearance Design Color Comfort Gas mileage Value Quality

Suggested Improvements

Quiet it down a little on the road

Not so happy!
By dhawley

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2011 Ford Focus in March 2011 and have had three times already that it has been back to the Dealer for repairs. Once it died and left me stranded on the highway and the dealer couldn't figure out why. Another time it had a rattle and the dealer said it was because a part was left off at the factory. Now the passenger door wont open from inside or out and I have to take it to the dealer again. With all of the hype about how great a car this is supposed to be, I am really disappointed.

Very Satisfied
By lauriebe

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 6 months, and I'm very impressed. It has everything one needs as far as I'm concerned. I have an automatic, a/c, a cd player, clock, arm rest, cup holders, I can look up my miles per gallon, trip miles, the trunk is a good size considering the size of the car itself, the gas mileage is good, and not that it matters, but I absolutely love the color of my car as well (they have nice options). My favorite feature of the car, is that I feel I'm driving a more expensive vehicle, with the way it drives and handles.. very tight. It really is a fun car to drive. It has smooth driving, and great pick up, and.. it's American made, it's a good value, especially in this economy