2011 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
My honest opinion- Excellent car
By lydiasdad on 05/18/12 10:01 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We own a 2011 Focus stick shift that we bought in Jan 2011. We have over 24,000 miles on it. This is our first Ford. We've owned Toyotas, Hyundais, Kias, Chevys and Saturns. This is probably my favorite so far. I really went to the dealership to look at a Fusion midsize sedan but was shocked at the cost. So we looked at the Focus.It was a little too small for my taste, but I wanted a new car so we reluctantly bought it, for a steal. It was brand new but almost 4,000 off because they wanted the old model out for the redesignes 2012s. Well, after a year and a half, I have to say I love this car and I'm glad we got it.

Objective Review
By godspeople on 11/22/11 18:17 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is great on gas and fill up is the lowest among similar size models. Bought the SE Automatic as a Demo at the dealer The brakes sorta grind when it is pressed and the stopping distance is too long for my comfort. The seats are upright with little or no thigh support. However, you do not fee cramped in the cabin. There is an abundance of room. IT takes longer than usual to heat up in the cabin in the winter. Will report on the AC when it is summer. Bump absorption is decent. It is an econo car so do not expect great acceleration. It is ample at best. The Sync system works satisfactory, no complaints so far. For the price, overall it is a solid car. I will run regular updates as the Ks go

Great Car
By bru2011 on 06/01/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '11 focus in March with a whooping 12 miles on it. I use it as a work car to deliver local newspapers 7 days a week. I am extremely impressed with the gas mileage given the stop and go nature of my driving requirements. I stop at 400 houses everyday and my focus still averages 28-31 mpg. When i get it out on the highway it stays around 36-38. I have put 12500 miles on it in just over 3 months and have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. If ford's cars can take a beating like this I can't wait to see how much their trucks can take!

What a Great Car
By hanksranger on 02/22/11 19:37 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since December 2010, First off I never saw myself buying a car, as I have always driven and liked trucks more; but I needed something good on gas as I have put 5000 miles on it since I bought it. I have not had a single mechanical issue with it. It handles great, looks good and fit my budget perfectly (the extra features I did not plan on getting where a huge plus). Ford has done really well with their quality the past few years as I have noticed. This thing is built very well and the interior is very well put together, with quality material. I cant stress enough how happy I have been with it. Only thing I could say is its not that comfy on long trips.

pretty great car --silver focus se
By ewhit2001 on 02/04/11 17:31 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i drove a honda when i first got my license and since have drove trucks and suvs. i was skeptical at getting another car, worried that it would be too small. i think it's a little small in the backseat but i dont ride in the backseat! the gas mileage was the selling point. great for my 30 miles a day commute. the trunk is huge. i think they could have made the trunk smaller and used it for the backseat. other than that i really like this car. not a lot of engine power but once again, i'm use to bigger engines. overall, i am very pleased with my choice of getting the focus.

Great car for the money!
By kelstar88 on 01/29/11 21:29 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2011 Ford Focus SE Automatic with Sync package. I compared this car to all other cars in the same class. I was on a budget... and initially interested in purchasing an Escape but realized how much money it would save me if I went with the Focus. I love having to hardly ever fill up the gas tank. The road noise is a little load, but with the more aggressive, I was able to drive in the snow with no issue. I would recommend this car to anyone that needed something reliable, and not break the bank!

It's my company car
By bashurst on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was recently forced by my employer to start using their company car. I drive a lot of highway miles and frequently have passengers. My biggest problem with it is the lack of interior room if you have back seat passengers. It's not a comfortable car if you're tall or heavy set. The car is light, gets blown around on windy days and seems to have a tendency to hydroplane if it's moderately rainy. I can hear a lot of road noise. But I've been consistently been getting around 34.5 mpg on the highway. The car is quite zippy, and has good maneuverability. The engine isn't powerful, but the tranny seems to have a lot of torque. It's a good commute car, but not for hauling the kids around.

2nd focus
By dwd on 09/02/10 07:47 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2nd focus. Had a 2007 ses that recently went to my daughter. In 08 they came out with a better focus with better fuel economy which didn't make me feel to good. If only I could have waited. But we liked our '07. Went to buy a 2010 and got a good deal on a trade in but they couldn't find one how I wanted it, so they offered a 2011 same price as the 2010.probably will be upset when the 2012 comes out. Anyway purchased with the idea this will be my 10 yr old's one day. Only have 3 days but like the solid feel and has better fuel economy than my 07. Will write back later

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Focus Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*