Used 2011 Ford Focus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

My honest opinion- Excellent car
By lydiasdad

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We own a 2011 Focus stick shift that we bought in Jan 2011. We have over 24,000 miles on it. This is our first Ford. We've owned Toyotas, Hyundais, Kias, Chevys and Saturns. This is probably my favorite so far. I really went to the dealership to look at a Fusion midsize sedan but was shocked at the cost. So we looked at the Focus.It was a little too small for my taste, but I wanted a new car so we reluctantly bought it, for a steal. It was brand new but almost 4,000 off because they wanted the old model out for the redesignes 2012s. Well, after a year and a half, I have to say I love this car and I'm glad we got it.

Favorite Features

There is a ton of legroom for the front people. We have 3 small kids (one's a baby), and although they dont have a ton of room in the back, they're not squashed like sardines either, the room inside is better than you'd expect from a small car. Of course, in a year or 2 we're going to have to buy a bigger car or van for the growing children, but I will not get rid of this car. I don't know why the official review on this site said this car has a cheap looking interior. I think the interior looks awesome. It's mainly black with silver trim. I love the sattelite radio. The trunk is huge for a small car, and it runs perfect. I never had to take it to the dealer for anything other than oil chang

Suggested Improvements

I do not have a problem with this car. However, the back/trunk area of the car seems like its a little higher than the front so my wife sometimes has trouble looking out the back window when sh's backing up. She has to push herself up when backing up to see. I do not have this problem though.

Great Car
By bru2011

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '11 focus in March with a whooping 12 miles on it. I use it as a work car to deliver local newspapers 7 days a week. I am extremely impressed with the gas mileage given the stop and go nature of my driving requirements. I stop at 400 houses everyday and my focus still averages 28-31 mpg. When i get it out on the highway it stays around 36-38. I have put 12500 miles on it in just over 3 months and have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. If ford's cars can take a beating like this I can't wait to see how much their trucks can take!

Favorite Features

sync capabilities, steering wheel controls,

Suggested Improvements

n/a

pretty great car --silver focus se
By ewhit2001

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i drove a honda when i first got my license and since have drove trucks and suvs. i was skeptical at getting another car, worried that it would be too small. i think it's a little small in the backseat but i dont ride in the backseat! the gas mileage was the selling point. great for my 30 miles a day commute. the trunk is huge. i think they could have made the trunk smaller and used it for the backseat. other than that i really like this car. not a lot of engine power but once again, i'm use to bigger engines. overall, i am very pleased with my choice of getting the focus.

Suggested Improvements

i would like ford to have made the trunk smaller and used the extra space to make the back seat bigger. there just isn't much leg room for my little boy. i also wish there was a little compartment about the front seats where the interior lights are. just big enough for sunglasses.

What a Great Car
By hanksranger

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car since December 2010, First off I never saw myself buying a car, as I have always driven and liked trucks more; but I needed something good on gas as I have put 5000 miles on it since I bought it. I have not had a single mechanical issue with it. It handles great, looks good and fit my budget perfectly (the extra features I did not plan on getting where a huge plus). Ford has done really well with their quality the past few years as I have noticed. This thing is built very well and the interior is very well put together, with quality material. I cant stress enough how happy I have been with it. Only thing I could say is its not that comfy on long trips.

Favorite Features

Sync - Very easy to set up and use. Love the convenience it offers. Sirius Satellite radio free for 6 months Gas Mileage - Avg 25-26 in town, 34-37 Highway costs about $35 to fill tank (3.45 gallon) Good Handling, Fun to Drive The rims that where included with my SE package look great! Overall the car looks great, the Fog Lights are another huge plus for it. Ample trunk space 2 Aux jacks and a USB port, I can play music through a thumbdrive!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is the seats are not all that comfortable on long drives (which I do alot of). I am also 6'2" and my right leg has to lean up against the side of the center of the trim where the radio and aux jacks are. Kind of annoying but Ive gotten used to it.

Objective Review
By godspeople

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is great on gas and fill up is the lowest among similar size models. Bought the SE Automatic as a Demo at the dealer The brakes sorta grind when it is pressed and the stopping distance is too long for my comfort. The seats are upright with little or no thigh support. However, you do not fee cramped in the cabin. There is an abundance of room. IT takes longer than usual to heat up in the cabin in the winter. Will report on the AC when it is summer. Bump absorption is decent. It is an econo car so do not expect great acceleration. It is ample at best. The Sync system works satisfactory, no complaints so far. For the price, overall it is a solid car. I will run regular updates as the Ks go

Favorite Features

Sync!!

Suggested Improvements

There is a new model out and i believe most of the issues have been resolved. I'm probably getting that model next.