Used 2011 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love my Focus
By breiser2

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my focus for two years now. I bought it used with 11,000 miles on it. Now I'm at 50,000 miles and have still had no trouble. This is a car I would recommend to everyone. I did extensive research when buying my car. I narrowed my list down to the Focus, Fiesta, Nissan Versa, Hyundai Elantra and Scion XD. The Focus came at the best price, for the best reliability ratings, was the most fun to drive, and was the best looking. The Sync program isn't the most efficient system of all time, but it is a nice convenience. Occasionally it struggles, but anything electronic has it's occasional lag. This car is great, I swear by it and plan to drive it for the next ten years.

The Ford Sync program, how the lights inside my car can change colors, the sun roof, the fact that it's blue, my pretty onyx colored wheels.

The Sync program could be better, but it was great at the time.

Seriously?? A Focus?
By stevekc

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for about 5 months now. I really did not want to post a review so soon but I also did not want to wait until the car was completely irrelevant....At first my mind was so set on this Volvo S80 that I did not even want to test drive a Focus, they always seemed like a "starter" car that was short on features, esp to someone accustomed to BMWs & Lincolns. But I am an open minded car guy and the Volvo turned out to be a real POS. If nothing else I just wanted to scratch the Focus off the list. I liked it but wasn't sold until I drove a couple of other cars including a Fusion and a Mercury Milan, which was super nice but the trans had a hard clunk when downshifting from 2 to 1

Heated leather seats, heated side view mirrors, Ambient lighting, Sunroof, Premium Sound System with factory subwoofer - the absolute best audio system I have ever had from any car manufacturer, Bluetooth & Microsoft SYNC...and of course the Ford dealer in Dillsburg, PA whose last name is the 1st name of a woman and the sales consultant who we'll just call S.T.

Maybe it is just me but since day 1 I can't put more than 5 or 6 dollars of gas in before the pump cuts off as if the tank is full. I basically have to top it off the entire time in order to fill it up unless I happen to go to an older gas station where the pumps are not as powerful as some of the more recently manufactured gas pumps are....Oh and the dash lighting should match the color of the ambient lighting that is chosen and just default to the standard blue when Ambient lighting is turned off.

Excellent economical car!
By parshman

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Focus is great for families like ours with one child, needing great gas mileage and comfort commuting and traveling. The Focus SE has all the bells and whistles and more, at a very competitive price. I still can't see paying over $20k for a compact car, and this one is well under that. We got a 2011 with 23,000 on it, and because it was certified we got 1.9% financing as well. That, in my opinion, was an excllent value. The car is tight, plenty of headroom, a vacuous truck, comfortable back seat and all the creature comforts we have come to expect. I also got cruise control, Sync, etc. The appearance is very good - This is a good choice for comfort, value, and economy.

Tight feel Cruise control Big trunk Appearance Design Color Comfort Gas mileage Value Quality

Quiet it down a little on the road

My honest opinion- Excellent car
By lydiasdad

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We own a 2011 Focus stick shift that we bought in Jan 2011. We have over 24,000 miles on it. This is our first Ford. We've owned Toyotas, Hyundais, Kias, Chevys and Saturns. This is probably my favorite so far. I really went to the dealership to look at a Fusion midsize sedan but was shocked at the cost. So we looked at the Focus.It was a little too small for my taste, but I wanted a new car so we reluctantly bought it, for a steal. It was brand new but almost 4,000 off because they wanted the old model out for the redesignes 2012s. Well, after a year and a half, I have to say I love this car and I'm glad we got it.

There is a ton of legroom for the front people. We have 3 small kids (one's a baby), and although they dont have a ton of room in the back, they're not squashed like sardines either, the room inside is better than you'd expect from a small car. Of course, in a year or 2 we're going to have to buy a bigger car or van for the growing children, but I will not get rid of this car. I don't know why the official review on this site said this car has a cheap looking interior. I think the interior looks awesome. It's mainly black with silver trim. I love the sattelite radio. The trunk is huge for a small car, and it runs perfect. I never had to take it to the dealer for anything other than oil chang

I do not have a problem with this car. However, the back/trunk area of the car seems like its a little higher than the front so my wife sometimes has trouble looking out the back window when sh's backing up. She has to push herself up when backing up to see. I do not have this problem though.

Objective Review
By godspeople

2011 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is great on gas and fill up is the lowest among similar size models. Bought the SE Automatic as a Demo at the dealer The brakes sorta grind when it is pressed and the stopping distance is too long for my comfort. The seats are upright with little or no thigh support. However, you do not fee cramped in the cabin. There is an abundance of room. IT takes longer than usual to heat up in the cabin in the winter. Will report on the AC when it is summer. Bump absorption is decent. It is an econo car so do not expect great acceleration. It is ample at best. The Sync system works satisfactory, no complaints so far. For the price, overall it is a solid car. I will run regular updates as the Ks go

Sync!!

There is a new model out and i believe most of the issues have been resolved. I'm probably getting that model next.