2010 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Great Car for the Money

2010 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

SES Coupe (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car for the Money
By Truly Focussed on

2010 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While making a decision to purchase a new vehicle to replace my 2006 Volvo S40, I needed to downgrade on price but didn't want to suffer with a stripped car or bottom of the line car. First, I have the 4-speed automatic. I shopped Honda (too expensive for all I wanted), Hyundai and Kia (better warranty, same cost, but Korean), and Chevy. This was the best buy. I don't miss my Volvo, except for its moonroof. The price, look, SYNC, and its ride made it the best decision. I do mainly in- town driving with a little highway driving. My MPG is much lower than what was stated on the sticker. The best MPG I've gotten so far was city and highway combo of 25 mpg, but I usually end up with 22.

I got mine all pimped by the dealer, so it's beautiful inside and out. Price was great, good pickup when I'm the only passenger, LOVE SYNC, and it's the best American car I've ever driven. Ford has come a long way. Love the 17" wheels and acceleration. Have to love the cruise control!

The MPG is very disappointing, yet it's still better than my Volvo in that department. Car moves like a snail with 4 passengers. I think Ford and whoever rates the MPG needs to re- evaluate, but it could be the way I drive it. The automatic could use another gear. Can't imagine it w/o overdrive!